Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flow Tec Shifter for Sport Jets

Default Flow Tec Shifter for Sport Jets

Flow-Tec’s shifters are the highest quality. If you have a Sport Jet, in my opinion, this is the best shifter.
    It works in conjunction with the Flow-Tec linkage.
    In Alaska, you can see Flow-Tec’s Sport Jet linkage at Greatland Welding (Palmer), Burkeshore Marina (Big Lake) and The Boat Shop (Fairbanks). Glen

I just had the Flotec Reverse linkage and the Flotec Shifter put on my Phantom with the Sportjet recently. Havent really used it yet but will put it to work this weekend and let you know what I think...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Hello Glenn, totally unrelated, but what kind of linkage do you recommend with the Kodiak 3-stage package? My two part throttle/bucket lift is a bit sticky and a lot of different levers to navigate when you're in a sticky situation and trying not to suck gravel at slow speeds in the current.

Also, does Wooldridge make an upgraded reverse bucket for the Kodiak 3-stage?

Much appreciated.

-Rob
    ~Alaska born and raised~ •'04 Duckworth, 5.7 w/ 3-stg. •High side Lowe, '13 Yami 25 prop+Merc 40/30 jet
    •Ranger 6x •CAT atv w/ 27" rubber •A very large moose buggy •M7 153" "Earned, NOT given"

Exwelding in canada makes a different bucket for the 3 stage

Have one of Flow-Tek's shifters on my '10 Sport Drifter 6.0/212 that you built, they're fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by boondockinak View Post
    Hello Glenn, totally unrelated, but what kind of linkage do you recommend with the Kodiak 3-stage package? My two part throttle/bucket lift is a bit sticky and a lot of different levers to navigate when you're in a sticky situation and trying not to suck gravel at slow speeds in the current.

Much appreciated.

-Rob
    If you want a single lever shifter I would recommend a Flow-Tec like Ellamar has. No, I don’t make a bucket for the Kodiak. The Kodiak 3-stage has a great reverse.
    Adjustment does affect your reverse. There is a cam adjustment on each side of the reverse bucket that raises and lowers the bucket. When a 3-stage shifts stiff without the motor running, it’s either the cable or the jet. Un-hook the shift cable from the jet at the jet. Then try the shift handle. If the shifter is stiff, the cable is bad. Then, grab the arm on the jet that the shift cable is connected to. It should take a little effort to shift, but is not hard to shift the jet with your hand. If stiff, the jet probably has been used in salt. Check all moving parts, most likely it’s the bushings that the shift shaft goes through. Salt gets under the bushings and squeezes the shaft, making it hard to move. Glen

That boat looks familiar!

I got to splash her in Wasilla lake tonight and drive her around for about an hour. The boat is awesome and exceeds my expectations in every way shape and form.

The Flow Tec shifter is as smooth as silk and has a very positive and solid feel to it.

We have been installing these shifters and components in several boats recently and the guys are loving them.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Wooldridge View Post
    Flow-Tec’s shifters are the highest quality. If you have a Sport Jet, in my opinion, this is the best shifter.
    It works in conjunction with the Flow-Tec linkage.
    In Alaska, you can see Flow-Tec’s Sport Jet linkage at Greatland Welding (Palmer), Burkeshore Marina (Big Lake) and The Boat Shop (Fairbanks). Glen

Nice looking rig! Some day I'd like to have Glenn build me one with a SBC. I didn't know the lake was open. Might have to go bashing around a bit while waiting for the rivers to rise.
    ~Alaska born and raised~ •'04 Duckworth, 5.7 w/ 3-stg. •High side Lowe, '13 Yami 25 prop+Merc 40/30 jet
    •Ranger 6x •CAT atv w/ 27" rubber •A very large moose buggy •M7 153" "Earned, NOT given"

Tom,

I have an Alaskan XL with the Wooldridge Bucket on it. The new bucket is heavier, does the Flowtec deal with it better? My Stock shifter wants to creep sometimes. What's the cost on the Flowtec Shifter and Reverse Linkage. You have them in stock? Send me a PM if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_import View Post
    Tom,

I have an Alaskan XL with the Wooldridge Bucket on it. The new bucket is heavier, does the Flowtec deal with it better? My Stock shifter wants to creep sometimes. What's the cost on the Flowtec Shifter and Reverse Linkage. You have them in stock? Send me a PM if you'd like.
    Yes the Flotec shifter is much better. The linkage is $225 the Flowtec shifter is $600. Wooldridge Boats has the linkage in stock but I know Burkshore, Greatland and the Boat Shop also do. The shifter I would have to order. Tom at Burkshore just picked up a new XL with a Wooldridge bucket and Flowtec linkage and shifter if you are able you could go see them in a boat for yourself. Glen

PM sent

Tom

Tom,

Is there a business website for flow tec products?

FLOTEC Gear Is awsome, sport je guys should check out his steering also, makes the standard stuff look bad. Zero slop in the FLOTWC

Dan

Sam does not have a website. His Face Book page is a bit outdated too.

Sam has been building these type of products for quite a while and really just focuses on the manufacturing side of things. It is up to us dealers and builders like Wooldridge to get the word out and showcase Sams work.

For now it is the good old word of mouth Muk Luk Telegraph system.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by DanielApplin View Post
    Is there a business website for flow tec products?

Tom,

Alaska Frontier Fab has the linkage in stock as well for the bucket. We just recently did the update on Bob the Fishers boat. Although the Flow Tec control is far superior to standard shifter, you should be able to use the existing control with the new bucket linkage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresent Hills View Post
    Dan

Sam does not have a website. His Face Book page is a bit outdated too.

Sam has been building these type of products for quite a while and really just focuses on the manufacturing side of things. It is up to us dealers and builders like Wooldridge to get the word out and showcase Sams work.

For now it is the good old word of mouth Muk Luk Telegraph system.

Tom
    Sweet looking boat Tom... I bet your happy to get it home finally...

Did you manage to get a FloTech steering system from Sam, but for an outboard set up yet? I'm VERY VERY interested in getting one...

Ohya! That Flotec Shifter is nice. I used it this past Saturday and it sure is smooth. Still need to adjust it a little as it wants to back off from full throttle but other than that, its a sweet addition fursure...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Just finished breaking in another 20' XL with a Sport Jet that's headed to Burkeshore Marina. If you have a S.J. and want to experience the Flow-Tec shifter & linkage, see Tom at Burkeshore. http://www.burkeshoremarina.com/ Glen

Quote Originally Posted by boondockinak View Post

Much appreciated.

-Rob
    I have Sams (flowtec) twin lever controls on my Kodiak 3 stage and it works great. Stays in reverse, is solid and the throttle will not go over center as in the morse and create a messy situation. I have also installed Flotec steering on the same boat (23') and can only say wow what a difference. 5/8ths turn lock to lock you can actually let go of the wheel and it will still run straight as a rail. Great stuff I highly recommend it and Sam is a hell of a nice guy to boot.

As for the upgraded reverse Flow Pro makes one very similar to the HJ 212 bucket that will help eliminate the cavitation problem with the stock reverse bucket.
    Info at Exact Welding Ltd. 939 3rd Ave,Prince George, BC V2L 3E Phone: 250-614-9353

Picked up a reverse linkage today, good quality product! Was looking at my xs today and not real sure how to change the stock mores shifter from pulling the cable to raise the reverse bucket to pushing as required by the flowtec linkage....

Can anyone shed some light on that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast