Thread: Made it up knik

Default Made it up knik

Nothing like boating in a snow storm! Made it up to the glacier with a buddy on board, it was a cold ride. The river was low but not terrible, noticed quite a few big rocks just under the surface closer up to the end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was at the glacier from 12-2 today....lots of water, especially compared to last Thursday.
    Bk

Old Glenn Highway water level gauge started reading Saturday. Water is up over a foot since then. 6.23' this morning.

Riton Riton, bet it was a fun ride tho hu? Hopefully cya on this Saturdays run too..

Quote Originally Posted by lostinak View Post
    Nothing like boating in a snow storm! Made it up to the glacier with a buddy on board, it was a cold ride. The river was low but not terrible, noticed quite a few big rocks just under the surface closer up to the end.
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Hey Lostinak, Me and a buddy were there as well. We saw you coming down as we were out dinking around.

09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Nice looking rigs. Looks like the water is up quite a bit.
    ~Alaska born and raised~ •'04 Duckworth, 5.7 w/ 3-stg. •High side Lowe, '13 Yami 25 prop+Merc 40/30 jet
    •Ranger 6x •CAT atv w/ 27" rubber •A very large moose buggy •M7 153" "Earned, NOT given"

Bk- surprised we didn't see you, we left new glen around noon. Bob- any ride is a good one! would love to meet up for a run at some point, I work Saturdays tho so it would be tricky for me. C-bolt we saw you two and I must say we were quite envious of those canopies!! And ****nn that river wild throws one hell of a roost!! Some day I will have a real boat! Sorry the pictures I posted ended up crooked I'm still trying to figure this all out!

No doubt, we pulled out the old bridge just after 2pm, snowing like crazy at that point.
    Next time.
    Bk

The canopies are the ticket at times, most of the time I think they just get in the way. They're a pain in the butt to set up, but worth it in the crappy weather I suppose. This winter I modified the nozzle to throw a bit more roost. I don't get any more speed, just more porpoising, looks cool as heck though..hahaha
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power