Thread: cabelas xwt shakeout

Default cabelas xwt shakeout

So with spring here I dug out the xwt. Because im broke down with a hurt back my teenage daughter set it up with minimal help in 28 minutes.... So it can be done quickly, in ideal conditions of course. I slept in it last night to try out the cabelas sleeping pads. They worked great, nothing to complain about, only good. It got down to about 34 degrees in the tent (no heater) and we were toasty. The slumberjacks helped of course. There was no moisture on the bottom of the pads which I really liked. This is the 12x12 xwt, and the sleeping pads are 36"x2 and 24"x2 to show the size. It fits 3 adults comfortable. Any more and its tight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great review, especially the picture inside, that's very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking ACD you have there!
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

How come Cabela's is only advertising the XWT 10x10 6 person online now? I thought they had the XWT is a few different sizes...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
    Nice looking ACD you have there!
    he says thx! He is the wonderdog. I've never seen such a perfect breed as a ACD.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    How come Cabela's is only advertising the XWT 10x10 6 person online now? I thought they had the XWT is a few different sizes...???
    I noticed that also. Maybe they are doing away with the 12x12. I can't imagine a smaller tent to fit us 4 and the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I called them and inquired about this. They have discontinued the 8 x 8 and the 12 x 12.

No 12x??! Crap shoulda bought three or four this winter when they were half price.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Here is the 8x8. It is about right for 3 people in the winter and hunting. Summer could fit 4.... snug. Here it is out winter camping with a mr. buddy heater. Pic wont upload