Thread: Chucker Challenge

Default Chucker Challenge

Here's a really fun event coming up for both Pointing Dogs and Flushers. Only accepting 15 in each class so book quickly at
    Chukar Challenge: June 27, 2015

The event will be
    held at Training Fields, LLC
    on Point McKenzie.

(CLICK HERE to download map)

The Chukar Challenge is a fun,
    competitive event for all pointing and
    flushing breeds.

The events will be held between 9 AM and 5 PM

The Arctic Bird Dog Association's annual Chukar Challenge is your chance to work your dog on some good flying chukar partridges and hone your shooting skills in a fun and competitive event.
    Participants will have 20 minutes for their dog to find 3 birds. Pointing dogs must point and flushing dogs must flush the birds. Handler and gunner will enter the field with a limited number of shotgun shells. Challenge points are awarded for number of birds found (up to 3), pointing or flushing ability, retrieves, birds in the bag, and number of shells remaining at the end of their run. Placements are given in both pointing and flushing classes. Participants can do their own shooting or bring a friend to gun for them. Club members will be available if you need a gunner.
    Each entry includes a chance at 3 chukar and includes a hearty lunch. The entry fee for this event is $75 per run. If time allows on the day of the event, a second non-placement run may be purchased on site (cash or check only) with priority going in order of the initial online registration date and time. Entries are limited so don't miss your chance for a fun day with your best friend!

Chugiak, Alaska

x2 Dori
    See you there.
    Don and Crew
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

I bet this would be fun. Where are yo uguys getting your chukar from? Doing something like this in Fairbanks would be cool.
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans