Thread: Finger Lake... open?

Default Finger Lake... open?

Looking for open water

Any reports (?) on Finger Lake would be appreciated.. thanks

We live down on the south end and it's open around the edges for a few feet but still solid after that. Kinda "feels" like it will go out soon though.

Dam, thanx for the update. I was fixin to head that way in the mornin to give boat its first run before hittin the rivers but I guess not. Comin from Anchorage you just saved me some gas money buddy. Appreciate that. I was there last weekend and it was broke open about 6-8 feet from the edges and kids were catchin fish off the dock. There was even a pertty big open spot out past the island so I thought it wood b ****ear icefree by this weekend. Oh well thanx again tho...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

You might try Wasilla Lake. I drove by there this afternoon on the PW highway and it was open on that end. Also the main part of Finger Lake might have open water, I'm on the "finger" down on the end and we tend to keep the ice longer. Hopefully someone else might chime in that knows what the main part of the lake is doing.
    Good luck.

Plenty of open water at the launch if you just want to run it a while but might actually have enough open water To cruise a tiny bit with last nights wind. But lil said you can definatly run the motor a while at the launch.

Riton Riton, ima headin that way drectly...
    QUOTE=troutslayer;1474808]Plenty of open water at the launch if you just want to run it a while but might actually have enough open water To cruise a tiny bit with last nights wind. But lil said you can definatly run the motor a while at the launch.[/QUOTE]

Was gunna stop by and fish a little today but had a great day with the daughter doing other things but mite actually take canoe out tomarow if it did open all the way up or close if you could let me know today's ice conditions would be greatfuly appreciated.

Well, here it is... Finger Lake is open!!! At least way way to the left of the boat launch to straight across from the boat launch to about 75 yards past the first island. Plenty enough room to drive a power boat or canoe around. And, lookin towards the rest of the lake, there are really big patches of open water. What ice is left is hella rotten and with the wind thats blowin like a banchy rite now, it should be all gone in a couple days Im thinkin. As long as its not too windy tommorro, you should be fine to take your canoe out there. I was doin my part today and bustin up as much ice as I could and helpin the ice go away. Good Luck ya'll... "Fishon"...

Was out on Finger lake Water temp is 37 to 38 degrees, nice to be on the water.

Has anyone ever had much success from the shore on Finger lake in early June?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksmut View Post
    Has anyone ever had much success from the shore on Finger lake in early June?
    They're catching them on the dock now. When we were launching last Friday, a guy was doing well using a mepps and white rooster tail.

Good info-Thanks. My sister-in-law just moved to Wasilla from Anchorage and I'm looking for some fishing around there for early June.