Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: unit 15 getting crowded!!!!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    73

    Default unit 15 getting crowded!!!!

    went to bait up yesterday and noticed a brand new timber framed lodge - tree stand only 200 yards from my site. and it just so happens to be 100 yards closer to me than the guy that plopped one in there last year. these two guys have to compete for witch tree to hang there signs on.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    43

    Default

    They must have seen the pictures of the beauty you took last spring.

  3. #3
    Member High Country's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    191

    Default

    15 isn't the only one. I baited my site last night which is an hour flight for me (same place for five years). After I landed I noticed another guy had landed right over my tracks and dropped a brand new tree stand on the sand bar. Its public land of course, but I really don't get why anyone wants to bait right on top of one another. There is a lot of country out there, it just doesn't make sense. I left a note on the tree stand box so hopefully they will move on.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    73

    Default

    well its not really a big deal as there are tons of baits in the area. i just hope no one is rifle hunting, a little close for that. And ill be walking by it every time i go to mine.

  5. #5
    Member ak_cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    If It's nailed to the trees on public land It's illegal and they can get cited and forced to remove it.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    73

    Default

    nah its not on refuge, there are dozens and dozens of old hard framed stands in the area.

  7. #7

    Default

    The managers do-NOT care. And besides the fines a so small, it is just a joke. Why pack in hundreds of pounds of bait on your back, when the fine for illegally using your ATV is less than $100.-- and that is only if you get caught. Why haul your bait barrel out, hell it is heavy, and your going to use it next year, just haul it 20 yards away and cover it with brush.......No one cares, the manager of the Chugach National Forest, does not care. There are so many abandoned bear bait barrels along the power-line that runs along the Hope Road, it is unbelievable.

    Smart bear baiters paint their barrel green and brown camo so it is easier to hide till next season. The silly wabbit baiters just use the bright red barrels, and leave them under the power-line. No Body really cares. Even I am getting to where I don't care.

    There is a (3) Three story tree-house (Bait Station) up Alder Creek, off the Hope Road. It has executive office swivel chairs on the second and third floors. Most bear bait stations here are one or two story. And are easy to find.

    The local militia plans to use them as over-watch towers, when the SHTF.

    Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    If It's nailed to the trees on public land It's illegal and they can get cited and forced to remove it.

  8. #8

    Default

    If you don't register the the bait station, they will have a hard case to prove who built it, or who used it last. I fail to understand why anyone would register a Bear Baiting Station, and be foolish enough to but up a sign with your name. If you have a bait station on the Kenai Peninsula and harvest a big Brown Bear, you have to pack all that meat out, if it is a legal registered station.

    If you harvest a huge Brown Bear on your "UN-REGISTERED" bear bait station, you only need to haul out the trophy, throw the barrel in the brush and walk away. And here is the super sweet part, now you can keep going back and harvesting bears off the meat from the Huge Brown Bear.........Sweet.

    Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    If It's nailed to the trees on public land It's illegal and they can get cited and forced to remove it.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    If you don't register the the bait station, they will have a hard case to prove who built it, or who used it last. I fail to understand why anyone would register a Bear Baiting Station, and be foolish enough to but up a sign with your name. If you have a bait station on the Kenai Peninsula and harvest a big Brown Bear, you have to pack all that meat out, if it is a legal registered station.

    If you harvest a huge Brown Bear on your "UN-REGISTERED" bear bait station, you only need to haul out the trophy, throw the barrel in the brush and walk away. And here is the super sweet part, now you can keep going back and harvesting bears off the meat from the Huge Brown Bear.........Sweet.
    I have read all 6200 of your posts... What's your motive? Why do you post the things you do?

  10. #10
    Member akiceman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Two Rivers, AK
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Muche View Post
    I have read all 6200 of your posts... What's your motive? Why do you post the things you do?
    Fed up from life experiences I presume. Either way... its not cool to PROMOTE poaching.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    Fed up from life experiences I presume. Either way... its not cool to PROMOTE poaching.
    I don't think he is promoting poaching. I read this posts with a little bit of sarcasm and a lot of "the state should do more to discourage this stuff".

  12. #12

    Default

    Thanks, that saved saying the same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    I don't think he is promoting poaching. I read this posts with a little bit of sarcasm and a lot of "the state should do more to discourage this stuff".

  13. #13

    Default

    I post the "Truth" as I experience things to be. Anyone who wants to put me on ignore so they will not have to see what I post, that fine with me. Anyone who wants to prove what I post is "UN-TRUE", will not be a problem for me. If, what I post is un-true, I am willing to be banned from this Forum. I am more than willing to apologize to the forum members if I am wrong.

    And of course anyone who chooses to, can pretend that everything is good in the Alaska Wilderness. It is the great, good fortune for the AOD forum members that I have no children. Or I would be a serious pain in the butt. Those of you who have children should weep, for the Alaska Wilderness they will experience in the future.



    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Muche View Post
    I have read all 6200 of your posts... What's your motive? Why do you post the things you do?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •