Thread: 21B Transporter?

Default 21B Transporter?

A buddy and I are looking to do a fly-in moose hunt in 21B. We were hoping to stay away from the boat traffic on the Yukon. Was hoping to get some info here regarding transporters that service that area. We could fly out of Fairbanks, Nenana etc or hub out to a bush community (like Tanana) and catch a bush piulot from there. Any suggestiuon?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBaglimit View Post
    A buddy and I are looking to do a fly-in moose hunt in 21B. We were hoping to stay away from the boat traffic on the Yukon. Was hoping to get some info here regarding transporters that service that area. We could fly out of Fairbanks, Nenana etc or hub out to a bush community (like Tanana) and catch a bush piulot from there. Any suggestiuon?
    Gonna guess you have the DM802 or 808 permit. Try Calling Larry Bartlett.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Probably the only air service provider that might still have availability would be a Galena-based operator Joe Shuster. Really late in the game to be reserving air logistics. Joe is expensive but his service is worth it if he has some slots to fill. He owns Sportsman's Guide Service (Air Transporter) 248-3181. Brooks Range Aviation doesn't like to fly the 21B area late in the season because of Bettles freeze-up timing. They like to get their planes off the pond before skim ice starts to develop, which is early in September most years.

larry

Yes DM802. Applied for it as an undersubscribed hunt, so yes a little late getting transpo. My buddy called Sportsmans today to discuss our potential fly-in. Thanks for the info.