Thread: Cook Inlet Archery

Default Cook Inlet Archery

Anyone have any info on them? I just found out about the range out behind Loretta French in Chugiak. I've been to their website but I figured I'd do some digging before hand.

Many thanks!

Boots

Great group. Shoots every 2nd Sunday of the month most months. Family friendly group. If you are a member you can use the range as long as you keep it clean :-)
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Thanks for the info Roger and the response! I assume you are a member?

Great group. If I remember right its only $25.00 per year. But I'm pretty sure the 3D shoots are the 3rd Sunday of the month. Usually sign in at 9:00 AM and shoot starts at 10:00. It is $25 for non-members and $20 for members for these shoots. That also includes a lunch about noon and then a second round of shooting. Shoots have run from October thru May. The pillow targets are up most of the year for your use whenever you want.

What kind of info are you looking for? Good group of people both trad & compound shooters. Go out Sunday morning if you would like to meet some folks. Otherwise walk the bag target course anytime & have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    What kind of info are you looking for? Good group of people both trad & compound shooters. Go out Sunday morning if you would like to meet some folks. Otherwise walk the bag target course anytime & have fun.
    Just more general feel info. I work in the area so its convenient. Just trying for some general thoughts on the club. Very interested in joining at some point in the summer ( Will be out and about in the lower 48 in the next couple weeks ) Mainly curious on the atmosphere of the people. I tend to be a social guy, but mainly just looking for a place to sling some arrows and get some constructive criticism on how I shoot, and get to know some new folks

Quote Originally Posted by Halibut Chaser View Post
    Great group. If I remember right its only $25.00 per year. But I'm pretty sure the 3D shoots are the 3rd Sunday of the month. Usually sign in at 9:00 AM and shoot starts at 10:00. It is $25 for non-members and $20 for members for these shoots. That also includes a lunch about noon and then a second round of shooting. Shoots have run from October thru May. The pillow targets are up most of the year for your use whenever you want.

Thanks for the reply! for the most part to start out I would be using the bag targets after work just for consistency of practice. I didn't get a chance to walk around the woods section but noticed the hanging bags. I appreciate it very much!

The next CIA shoot is this Sunday. Sign in at 9 AM, shoot begins at 10AM. I frequently go alone and hook up with others easily each time. The Chugiak range is nice with both flat and up/down hill shots. Rarely anything over 50 yards unless it is a Novelty shot.
    There online newsletter just came out, but it is in Acrobat and I can't get it to paste n copy. If you can come out Sunday you can meet folks even if you don't have the time to shoot.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather