Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10mm Game Pics

Default 10mm Game Pics

Im feeling board, lazy, and procrastinating on accomplishing some college homework..so I thought it would be neat to have a thread dedicated to game taken with the up-and-coming 10mm Auto. I also believe Glock has noticed the demand rise for these and have created a larger platform for the 10mm, although I haven't seen one in person yet. I can't believe the FBI ever gave up on these.. (dang women).

Please do share hunting pics and/or comments that are related to this handy cartridge...

Kodiak deer-Taken at approximately 75 yards (hand-loaded 230gr. Hard-cast)

nice job for 75 yards. looking forward to seeing more.

Default Kimber 10mm

Spike Sitka blacktail, kodiak, last November, kimber 10mm, 5 yards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Ah geeesh, ya gonna make me post black bear and caribou pics from the years back?!?! You know the 10mm works! Hahahahahaha Then you got fox, snowshoe hare, porcupine and caribou with the G20 .22lr kit! Yup, got pics and a vid. But no time to post tonight. Good thread buddy! Ah....yeah.... which reminds me...............need to hand load w u son!

Ah man, you guys got me fired up now. I've been taking my 10mm on hunts for years and i have yet to try it on game. You inspire me to cross the line. Thanks guys. I'll monitor this thread for sure.

larry

I've taken dall sheep, mt goat and a grizzly with mine. Grizzly wasn't on purpose and I did shoot him with a rifle later. Poor first shot late at night while he was harassing the lodge I worked at.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    I've taken dall sheep, mt goat and a grizzly with mine. Grizzly wasn't on purpose and I did shoot him with a rifle later. Poor first shot late at night while he was harassing the lodge I worked at.
    Very nice!

Glock, Kimber, or...??

And wouldn't mind hearing the story behind a few of those.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    ya gonna make me post black bear and caribou pics from the years back?!?!
    You should know by now…pics or it didn't happen!! lol

It's a colt 1911 built by Josh jefferson of talkeetna mountain custom(tenmm in the forums). Six inch barrel. Stays on a paper plate at 100 if I practice with it a bit.
    The mt goat was a 2 or 3 yard shot in its bed. Never stood up. Shot a ewe sheep up pioneer peak at 16 yards with it as well.
    The geizzly was a quartering toward me shot and I took him to far back. Into the later half the ribs, lodging just under the hide in the opposite hind quarter. I let him run as it was my last bullet from shooting around it trying to scare it off. Found him the next morning wallowing in the lake trying to ease his gut pains. I finished him with a rifle. Wish my shot had been better.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Took a small black bear at about 12 yards with bone stock G20 and factory Federal ammo. This is from Montana, not Alaska: was archery hunting for elk and saw a black bear snoozing on a dead mule deer from a few hundred yards. Magpies kept landing on the mulie carcass and the bear would wake up, snap at them and then fall asleep again. Wish I had a video, it was pretty funny! Swapped bow for pistol, snuck up from down wind, gagging on the rotting mulie stench. This was in a jumble of sagebrush with very high wind. I had to yell twice, very loud, to get the bear to lift his head and "pop": my first black bear and first pistol kill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mt Al View Post
    Took a small black bear at about 12 yards with bone stock G20 and factory Federal ammo. This is from Montana, not Alaska: was archery hunting for elk and saw a black bear snoozing on a dead mule deer from a few hundred yards. Magpies kept landing on the mulie carcass and the bear would wake up, snap at them and then fall asleep again. Wish I had a video, it was pretty funny! Swapped bow for pistol, snuck up from down wind, gagging on the rotting mulie stench. This was in a jumble of sagebrush with very high wind. I had to yell twice, very loud, to get the bear to lift his head and "pop": my first black bear and first pistol kill.
    That's a nice photo!
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Very nice!

Could you bear the stench to do a Euro on the Mule deer? Would make for a very cool mount, both bear and buck together!

How far did bear make it after the shot?

Great story, great bear, & a nice buck to boot!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Thanks all. The bear didn't move an inch after the shot, lifted its head and dropped right back down after the shot but shot it twice more to be sure. The picture was taken right where it expired, right behind the dead mulie. The taxi found two bullets, one in the neck/spine vertebrae that was bent quite a bit (FMJ bullets) which must have been the first shot. The mulie head stunk so bad I couldn't even tie it onto the bear during the haul out, it was nasty, still some rotting brain and tongue tissue. The bear stunk also, but not as bad. Hoping to go back and get the head soon, it's a short hike and a pretty nice mule deer and hope to Euro mount it next to the bear. Pretty small bear, though. Still fun and how often do things line up like that: sleeping bear, wind perfect, etc.?

Upper Hazel Lake, October 2014
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

NICE bear Warrior! Congrats
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    Upper Hazel Lake, October 2014
    Not bad.. Looks about the perfect size for some good sausage!!

Tlingitwarrior, is the goat in your avatar from the same location? Flew in their once for goat but got killed by the weather. Have it in the back of my mind to return for bear some day.

Quote Originally Posted by smarion View Post
    Tlingitwarrior, is the goat in your avatar from the same location? Flew in their once for goat but got killed by the weather. Have it in the back of my mind to return for bear some day.
    yep, shot the goat the day before shooting the blackie. Big bear, over 20 inch skull. Great area up there, one of my all time best hunts.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

My buddy killed this bear at under 10 yards. I was blowing a predator call, never thought it would work though. Left the rifles at the bottom of the tree lol. What kinda sights are you guys using on your G20's to help with those long shots?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast