• Turn off the "Thread Count / Post Count" column

6 27.27%
  • Leave "Thread Count / Post Count" column intact

9 40.91%
  • It does not matter to me

7 31.82%

Thread: Change Coming to Forum Layout

Default Change Coming to Forum Layout

As part of our ongoing quest to make this site pay for itself, we are considering adding an advertising column on the right-hand side of our forum pages. For members, this will scrunch the content a bit and it will be very noticeable. This column will be initially reserved for an ad contract we are currently finalizing. We are working through some technical issues regarding the forum software, so the change will not be immediate.

To get an idea of what the new layout will look like, take a look at any of the main site pages. The ad column on the right-hand side of those pages will be added to our forums. It will give the site a consistent look, but will condense the forum content a bit.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience, and ask for your understanding as we seek new ways to pay the bills.

That said, we thought a brief poll would be appropriate, as we try to minimize the negative effects. Please give the poll a look and post your thoughts. The choices on the poll have to do with one thing we can do to create more space on the forum home page and in each forum. If we turn off the "Thread Count / Post Count" column, we make more room for forum content. If we leave it in place, the content will be tighter.

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

The new layout looks great! Everything looks nicely arranged and categorized.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    The new layout looks great! Everything looks nicely arranged and categorized.
    Obviously we've held off on this for a bit.
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

It looked nicer/different to me...
    "Grin and Bear It"