Thread: Replacing high pressure screen on 225 honda

Default Replacing high pressure screen on 225 honda

I've Googled until my eyeballs have nearly popped out of my head but I still can't find a good diagram or video of where this "screen" (actually a paper filter green colored) is actually located. Part number is 16911-ZY3-010
    I think I have an idea where it's at but I sure would like a good hint or suggestion instead of hunting once I get the cowling removed. From the description that I've read it's real easy to replace once you get the cowling off.
    Thanks in advance for any photos, videos or diagrams
    Scott

Should only be with three screws under the cap. What year and model of the motor, I might have a diagram?

I have a service manual for an 07, not home now but I can get it for you early next week.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

thanks guys. It is a 2014 Honda 225 BF225A (BAGJ-17)
    I know that the Honda manual says replace every other year or 300 hours but the thinking at the shop I go to is replace all filters and screens every spring to avoid a problem out in the water, so I don't mind doing this. I bought all the filters, screen and O-rings so I'm set to go as soon as the weather cooperates.
    I'll send you guys my email address if you want to send it directly there. Thanks again for the help. This is why I like this site: lots of help, good information and no (or at least very few) trolls.
    Scott

Do you have a pre filter on the boat, like a Racor or similar? Both my motors are fed pre filtered fuel through separate Racors fuel filters/water separators and I don't see any reason why the internal filters would need that much maintenance as long as you change the externals. If you don't have an external then I see the need for sure.

I have checked my internal water seperator a few times and never found anything, I don't find any in the external one either...
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson