Thread: Kids goat mount

Default Kids goat mount

Finally got around to mounting my daughters first goat she took back in 2013, customers stuff comes first, I try and squeeze one of my kids things in now and then.

Life size coming down hill on some rock, snow, ice, lichen etc..

Custom base is hickory.

Just thought I'd share

Hoytguy 😉
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Nice......it has a feeling of action. Very Nice.

Really nice Jesse...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post

Hoytguy 
    Great work! Makes me wish I had done the life-size on mine!!

If mine turns out as nice id be ecstatic!! Not to highjack, but curious if you've had a chance to start on either of mine? 9 point and Nanny from Kodiak, both turned in back in September. Hopefully I left you enough hide to work with on the Half mount goat with rock form?

Ive been checking your Taxidermy Facebook page for sneak-peak pics, but have noticed any yet.

Mark

Mark,
    I just mounted 3 goat wall pedestals 3 brown bear rugs and a lifesize black bear this week, April is goat month.. your goat will be mounted next week, while a bunch of the goats and lifesize bears are drying I'll be mounting up a few deer, yours is first. If I was to guess, I'd expect pics and a phone call first or second week of May, only thing that could push it to the right is the constant trickle of bears from this spring that need fleshed, turned. Salted.

thanks;

Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Really nice Jesse...!!!
    thanks, and you too 4now,

Mark,
    I just mounted 3 goat wall pedestals 3 brown bear rugs and a lifesize black bear this week, April is goat month.. your goat will be mounted next week, while a bunch of the goats and lifesize bears are drying I'll be mounting up a few deer, yours is first. If I was to guess, I'd expect pics and a phone call first or second week of May, only thing that could push it to the right is the constant trickle of bears from this spring that need fleshed, turned. Salted.

thanks;

Jesse

Thanks for the update Jesse! Looking forward to seeing them come together.

1340 Rudakof Cr Anchorage, AK 99508 (Off Debarr & Bragaw across from Costco)

Just wanted to say thanks for your support for the Alaska Waterfowl Association! Love the mount, I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled with it.

Travis
    Your Alaska Power Sports dealership carrying new & used Polaris, CFMoto, PitsterPro, Rokon, AlumaSki, Duras, Achilles, Tohatsu, Suzuki, Mercury, and Yamaha outboard motor parts. Join us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram.

(907) 337-2744
    1340 Rudakof Cr
    Anchorage, Alaska 99508
    www.alaskapowersports.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marit...60433194054763
    Twitter https://twitter.com/MaritaSeaSki
    Instagram http://instagram.com/alaska_power_sports

Wow! Great job
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Awesome mount!!

Finally got around to mounting my daughters first goat she took back in 2013, customers stuff comes first, I try and squeeze one of my kids things in now and then.

Life size coming down hill on some rock, snow, ice, lichen etc..

Custom base is hickory.

Just thought I'd share

Hoytguy 
    Wow, impressive mount, of course you had a beautiful specimen to work with. Wish I was still of hunting age I know who I would be bring my Sheep and Goats to. Good job.

Thanks Roland,

goat hunting is a dangerous sport, I never took my kids goat hunting till 18, still be a hard pill to swallow if something happened. I had been watching this goat for 3 years, had a good safe route planned and walked it 3 years in a row. Sept hide, a oct or November hide makes for a better furred animal but on a registration hunt that's likely only open 1-3 days every year, have to make the best out of the opportunity. I enjoy goat hunting, I guess it's in my blood, their beautiful animals, majestic, good to eat, and I enjoy mountng them. Took my other daughter last fall to kodiak for goats but she missed, then when they scrambled we couldn't be sure which nanny didn't have the kid. Ohh well, always next year.

Hoytguy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, look at that backdrop. She surely will remember that adventure for a long time. Can't wait for mine to get old enough for trips like this. Way to go.

That's a beauty of a mount. The picture at the kill is outstanding too. People say they are good to eat but I have not found one that I can honestly say that. I hear young ones are good. Goat hunting is fun and keeps you on your toes.