Thread: Still In Business?

Default Still In Business?

I was wondering if GC is still in business and moving forward. I remember a few comments awhile back in regards some business hick ups. Also, I was curious what the deadrise is on the ocean hulls, not the "ocean" skiff model. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by roybekks View Post
    I was wondering if GC is still in business and moving forward. I remember a few comments awhile back in regards some business hick ups. Also, I was curious what the deadrise is on the ocean hulls, not the "ocean" skiff model. Thanks.
    The deadrise on the offshore Glacier Craft boats is variable but 18 degrees at the stern. Don't know if they are still in business but I have a feeling if you want one you might have to find one for sale from an existing owner. Like mine.
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

GC has several boat hulls FS on CL, and claims that he will do custom hulls as well.

Contact some gc owners if you would like some insight to his business. ''Overtime'' comes to mind.....he would be happy to elaborte!
    Better yet look up Scott (OWNER OF GC) on courtview!!
    Bk

My Father and I have been waiting for over 5 years and still no boat. My father is currently trying to sell it to get out from under it.

Tia thread has the potential to go south on us (I already deleted one post), so let's keep it clean, okay? The question is valid, as are factual answers. Attacks on the company or its owner are out of bounds. Fair enough?

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

All answers are honest answers coming from me. I may be a little sarcastic at times but still very honest.

The answer I gave is the truth. Yes it hurts. I just hope we can sell it and recoup a little money.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    The answer I gave is the truth. Yes it hurts. I just hope we can sell it and recoup a little money.
    Folks, it's not a true / false issue. It's a forum rules issue. No negative comments about individuals or businesses. Thread looks fine so far, this is just a heads-up.

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I know they were in business between 2008 and 2013 cause I went to the shop once a week during those 5 years to look at my buddies boat being built. After 2013, I'm not sure what the status of the business is. My buddy took his boat hull and shell of a cabin and finished it himself.

Mine will be for sale after this summer.
    What-a-Day
    Denny

Quote Originally Posted by dtol View Post
    Mine will be for sale after this summer.
    Do tell Denny! You headed south?
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Dtol, clean out your PM. I had a few questions for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    No, just getting a little older and its getting a little harder to manage the What-a-Day. Also want to travel a bit more. My grandkids are in Alaska and couldn't be too far away from them.
    What-a-Day
    Denny

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    Dtol, clean out your PM. I had a few questions for you.
    My PM box is clear.
    What-a-Day
    Denny

I bought mine in 2008 as well. I took mine home April of 2013 the day after your buddy. Im in the process of completing it. Honestly i have no idea if hes still in business but i do see his ads on craigslist among other peoples with unfinished hulls.

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    I know they were in business between 2008 and 2013 cause I went to the shop once a week during those 5 years to look at my buddies boat being built. After 2013, I'm not sure what the status of the business is. My buddy took his boat hull and shell of a cabin and finished it himself.

I don't know if you would call it a business!