Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 201 to 214 of 214

Thread: 2015 hunting pics

  1. #201
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    93

    Default

    image.jpgimage.jpg
    The First one was shot on 9/19 off the Denali highway. The second one was at 9 yards in a location of unit 13 which I have been entrusted not to share.

  2. #202
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    93

    Default

    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Bull and cow were on two separate trips back by coal creek. The bull was 130 yards at a trot, one shot with my 7mm rem mag. And the cow was 181 yards with a 338 win mag. One shot to the neck. Three of the four caribou were community harvest the other was a proxy just so nobody gets excited.

  3. #203
    Member srtarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Out in the woods! :)
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shimano 33 View Post
    Not successful… But was a good day to be in high country nonetheless!




    Stunning photos!

  4. #204
    Member roadapples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    41

    Default

    13 June 15 bear2.jpg13 June 15 bear3.jpg

    June 2015 Blackie- a little over 5' Area 16B.

  5. #205
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    42

    Default

    image.jpg

    A little late to the party, but figuring it out. Float hunt from September

  6. #206
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerpaw View Post
    image.jpg

    A little late to the party, but figuring it out. Float hunt from September
    That was the bull you got with Strahan wasn't it?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  7. #207
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Correct, Mike has an excellent write up of the hunt in the float hunting forum

    my first Moose hunt and it really turned out to be a trip of a lifetime. We booked the hunt with an outfitter and did not know who our guides would be, was only a month or so before the hunt that we found out that Mike Strahan would be our guide, truly could not of been in better hands or with anyone who was more knowledgeable. Will go down as my trip of a lifetime

  8. #208
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Here is my moose from sept. 2015.image.jpg

  9. #209
    Member jerryl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    57

    Default

    image.jpg
    Left my truck at 6:45pm returned back to my truck at 10:56pm on my afternoon hunt. With this ram watched him for 45 min at 88 yards till he finally turned up hill and seen he made full curl.

    Also took my first moose this year both solo hunts this bull misured 53"
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #210
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerryl View Post
    image.jpg
    Left my truck at 6:45pm returned back to my truck at 10:56pm on my afternoon hunt. With this ram
    That's some CRAZY luck right there...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  11. #211
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    13

    Default 2015 Billy Goat

    Got this Billy in 2015 in the Kenai Mts. I was a short hunt and I tagged him on the first day. Although it was short it may have been one of my most memorable hunts. I can't wait to get after anther one!
    goat.jpgbengoat.jpg

  12. #212
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benrains View Post
    Got this Billy in 2015 in the Kenai Mts. I was a short hunt and I tagged him on the first day. Although it was short it may have been one of my most memorable hunts. I can't wait to get after anther one!
    goat.jpgbengoat.jpg
    Nice! What permit/registration? Almost looks like you pinned him in his bed? I mean seeing that it looks like you're at the top of that ridge and it doesn't look like he fell and rolled at all...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  13. #213
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Nice! What permit/registration? Almost looks like you pinned him in his bed? I mean seeing that it looks like you're at the top of that ridge and it doesn't look like he fell and rolled at all...???
    Yeah I spotted two Billies bedded down at the top of a spine, my hunting partner and I put on white Tyvek painter suits and we were able to stalk to within 50 yards of the first goat. We were about 20 or 30 feet about them in the rocks. they didn't even move, they just thought we were other goats. Anyways the closer of the two goats was laying down and quartered towards us, in fact he was looking right at us, and really didn't offer a good shot. The second goat was quartered away from us watching the other end of the ridge offering me a perfect shot. He was at 85 yards and I hit him once with a 180grn Barnes Vor-Tx bullet from my 30-06. He never got up. It was a 2000 foot drop onto a glacier on one side and a 500 foot scree slope on the other side. I definitely didn't want him to go anywhere. I had a great rest and a perfect shot oppurtunity, I consider myself pretty lucky... The other goat just kinda got up and wandered off. We only had one goat tag. This was In the Halibut Cove area across the bay from Homer DG361

  14. #214
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benrains View Post
    Yeah I spotted two Billies bedded down at the top of a spine, my hunting partner and I put on white Tyvek painter suits and we were able to stalk to within 50 yards of the first goat. We were about 20 or 30 feet about them in the rocks. they didn't even move, they just thought we were other goats. Anyways the closer of the two goats was laying down and quartered towards us, in fact he was looking right at us, and really didn't offer a good shot. The second goat was quartered away from us watching the other end of the ridge offering me a perfect shot. He was at 85 yards and I hit him once with a 180grn Barnes Vor-Tx bullet from my 30-06. He never got up. It was a 2000 foot drop onto a glacier on one side and a 500 foot scree slope on the other side. I definitely didn't want him to go anywhere. I had a great rest and a perfect shot oppurtunity, I consider myself pretty lucky... The other goat just kinda got up and wandered off. We only had one goat tag. This was In the Halibut Cove area across the bay from Homer DG361
    Excellent....thanks! Yeah, anchoring a goat with the first shot is usually a REALLY good thing to do. I hate it when they fall off cliffs and have seen it too many times....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •