Thread: ???? KENAI Peninsula Brown Bear Skull size For 2014.....???

Default ???? KENAI Peninsula Brown Bear Skull size For 2014.....???

Me not so smart about looking this type stuff up.........but it would be interesting to see the skull sizes for last years Brown Bear harvest on the Kenai Peninsula, relative to harvest location.

Also Skull sizes on the Kenai Peninsula as far back as they have kept records.

Has there ever been any research specific to tracking Kenai Peninsula Brown Bears yearly range.......???

I do not have any interest in hunting Brown Bears at this point in my life. But I would like to see hunters get serious about Trophy KP Brown Bear. By serious I mean, spend the time on a dedicated KP Brown Bear hunt.

I know there are huge Brown Bears on the KP, and yes, I know it is some hard country to hunt, but I would sure like to see resident hunters get serious about harvesting huge brown bears on the KP, and not just tipping over the first brown bear they see.

Good hunting to you.

The old sow I took near Henry Creek had a skull that measured 22 7/8 if I remember correctly. Skin came in at a finished rug size of 8'. Big old fat sow, ADFG was surprised that all the teeth were intact still due to the age. They figured 14yrs or so.

Thanks.......

Quote Originally Posted by winibezold View Post
    The old sow I took near Henry Creek had a skull that measured 22 7/8 if I remember correctly. Skin came in at a finished rug size of 8'. Big old fat sow, ADFG was surprised that all the teeth were intact still due to the age. They figured 14yrs or so.