Thread: Tonzona river

Default Tonzona river

Looking for information on the river, is it a easy float or a swift and rough river(class II and up) Looking at starting up around Ripsnorter creek and floating down to East Fork Kuskoksim river or float all the way to Medfra. I have been researching from satellite images and pulled the IR images from 1985. I am just looking at first hand experience now. Looking at doing the float in late summer.

Any time you are looking for intel on a river in Alaska, you should start with our Master River List, which contains a listing of over 500 rivers around the state, together with all the print and DVD resources available on them.

As to the Tonzona, my book, "Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers" is the only resource I know of that discusses this river (if anyone out there knows of other resources on this river, please let me know, and we will add it to our Master River List. You can purchase a copy AT THIS LINK. We have a very limited supply, and when they're gone I don't know if we will have it in the store (issues with the publisher). I would advise grabbing a copy while we still have it available.

My river write-ups in that book cover access points, river mileage and gradient, whitewater rating, recommended boats, recommended experience level, GMU, maps needed, land managers, closest ADF&G office, available game species, and more. It also includes a general description of the area, a discussion of known hazards on the river, and tips on how to hunt and fish that particular river.

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Mike thank youfor the reply, I have check out the master list in the past. I even have been up to UAF and looked at some of the IF images of the Tonzona river. I did just order the book.