Thread: Eureaka bears are out..

Default Eureaka bears are out..

Seen pictures last night from a friend who was boondocking around 2 days ago. Ran into 3 different sets of tracks, all looked to be right at a week old. One set, dug up a caribou carcass, drug it 200 yards to the only small hill in the area and looked to lay right on it and chomp bones. Get out there are get them moose (and caribou) munchers!

How are the trails ? New ATV, New rifle would love to get my first bear rug.

Leave the ATV at home, going to be a while. Do bring rifle, snowmachine, bino's, snowshoes, caller, sunglasses and patience! Think Old Man Lake Area and north. Travel early mornings, the snow is getting pretty rotten by mid day but there's so little you can still go just about anywhere. Watch the overflow in the low lands. Good luck!

Talked with the Palmer Bio yesterday and he says they have had two brown bears come in so far.

Thanks trailblazersteve, I'm going to give it my best shot next week !!

Well we put on 39 hard cross country miles. Found this old moose/wolf kill and a bear was on it but not much for him so looks like he moved on. We called for several hours on it but nothing but birds showed up. Looked to be quite a pack as there was over a doz piles of wolf poo scattered around. Found a set of big boar tracks further out that looked to be 2-3 days old, walking a old snowmchine trail. The snow actually held together durring the day better then I expected. I expect one more weekend of cross country running before things get pretty bare. Good luck!