Thread: Lobster

Default Lobster

A question for Potbuilder...even though not exactly related to this forum.

Steve,
    I'm back in Rhode Island where my son is about to be commissioned into the Navy. My daughter is with me and says before we leave she wants to have lobster in a restaurant. Being a west coast guy I'm way out of my league here and don't know where to go or what to look for. Any suggestions on how to get it right?
    Mike

I would think there should be some good seafood restaurants where you are, i'm not at all familiar with RI so don't have any directions to point you there. If you were in the Gloucester area the Causeway Restaurant has the best lobster pie i have ever had(lobstah meat in buttah covered with a thin layer of bread crumbs then put in the broiler for a bit) along with other huge portions of fish and mussels. http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-causeway...ant-gloucester
    Here's their facebook page just look at the cheap prices and the pictures of the food, i'm ready to get on a plane !!!
    https://www.facebook.com/search/str/...A/keywords_top

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I lived in Newport area for a few years, but it was almost two decades ago. If we wanted to go out for a seafood dinner back then, we would hit the cobble stone in the old section of town, usually the Red Parrot (menu was some 20 pages, and a little over whelming, but had something for anything), but there were a few other good places (sorry, can't remember names anymore). If we wanted to just relax and just get some fresh seafood at a lower price, there was Anthony's Seafood on the back way out of Newport towards Middletown. I always like lobster just as it is, maybe a lill drawn butter for dunkin. Get yourself some chowdah while your in the NE too- I always like the buttery seafood better then thick and creamy, but they are all delicious, and amazing how different each is. If you take a detour 1-2 hours north east up the cost, there are tons of great places to eat- Portsmouth NH area has some great eateries also. Making me drool thinking about it. Have fun- lots of history in that area to see!
    ~Beer Drinkin don't do half the harm of love makin~. Old New England Proverb
    * 1991 24' Almar Jetline Cabin-cruiser * 2004 16' Lund * 1955 17' Grumman Canoe
    - MMSI# 338169948

Thanks for the advice. Turns out last night was "lobster night" on base and we ate there. Everyone had fun and got lobster shells and butter all over themselves.

try some fried clam bellies if ya get the chance.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Ha! That's what we're headed out to find right now.

Sweet deal- bet it was the best price you could get in the area by a long shot too.
    ~Beer Drinkin don't do half the harm of love makin~. Old New England Proverb
    * 1991 24' Almar Jetline Cabin-cruiser * 2004 16' Lund * 1955 17' Grumman Canoe
    - MMSI# 338169948

It was! And those fried clam bellies are fantastic. It must be an east coast thing because I've never heard of them but they were great.

Off topic, but Congratulations to you and your son!
    My son is a Capt in the Air Force and my son in law is a 1LT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AK Mauler View Post
    It was! And those fried clam bellies are fantastic. It must be an east coast thing because I've never heard of them but they were great.
    Told ya so !! Next up go find a good sub shop and order a cheese steak with peppers, mushrooms and onions.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Thanks Doughnut, and congratulations to you too.