Thread: Need a boat to rent in Ketchikan

Default Need a boat to rent in Ketchikan

Hi All,

I'm headed up to Ketch for the summer staying in the RV at Clover pass. I'd like to have a boat to access while I'm there without having to pay resort prices. Would anyone in the area be wiling to allow me access to their boat and let me rent it when I'd like? Probably only be a day or two a week as I'll be working a lot. I'll pay a fair price.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you budget or intended use is, but here are 3 places in Ketchikan that I have rented from. (in case you don't find a better option)
    I thought they all had fair prices. (half the rate of many other towns/cities)
    You might find a local with a small skiff that isn't afraid of liability issues but I suspect you will end up working with an actual rental company.

For a custom 23+ft Svendsen hardtop with twin 115s in the $300+/day range try www.ketchikanfishingadventures.net
    For a 20ft Thunderjet 90hp open/soft top in the $200+/day range try www.cloverpassresort.com
    (Their 14ft livingstons are economical if you aren't going far and it sounds like you will be there anyway)
    For inflatables and camping gear for fly out trips try www.alaskaseaplanetours.com
    (I'm not sure if they will rent gear if you are not on a fly out with them)

Good luck!

Thanks! I may just end up doing a lot of fly fishing instead, we'll see.

There are very few places to fly fish off the Ketchikan road system ... most freshwater fishermen charter a plane or take the ferry ride to Prince of Wales Island.