Thread: Cordova area for wheel plane and kings

Default Cordova area for wheel plane and kings

Are there many rivers in the Cordova area that have wheel plane access and good fishing for kings?

The only river somewhat suitable for wheel planes and salmon fishing that I know of are for silvers at the Tsiu river down the coast from Cordova about 60 mies. There may be the possibility for a landing to fish for Kings going up the Copper river on the no-longer-accessible part of the road to the million dollar bridge somewhere beyond the washed out bridge at mile 36. You might find out more by calling Cordova Air Service 907-424-7611. Another possible option for Kings might be a beach landing somewhere along the many ocean openings of the Copper river, but the incoming tide and possible soft sand would be the limiting factor and would require some serious reconnaissance and talking with local pilots. Either option would be iffy for safe wheel plane operations.

You might get into the Bering River and fish for reds or coho, but I don't know of any Chinook fishing in that area, with or without a plane. Assuming that you are planning on fishing with a hook and line.

Thanks for the thought. I will call Cordova Air.