Thread: Posi nozzle angle

Default Posi nozzle angle

Was wondering if anyone has had their nozzle machined so that it has a slight angle to it - in order to increase hole shot performance?
    And was the performance increase worth the effort - was thinking max bevel of 2 degrees..

I would have shims made that fit between the nozzle and liner to change the angle of the nozzle before i machined the actual nozzle. Greatland welding can do that. (talk to Gary). Now it will probally take some trial and error to figure out what works best but would be my advice.
    I went with the trim nozzle and really like it, it is nice because you can trim the boat out no mater the load, speed or river conditions but they are dang spendy! If you dont carry alot of weight most of the time, not really sure they are worth the money, but trimming the boat out at varing speeds does save fuel so who the heck knows.
    If you want to look at this trim nozzle and see how they work, just let me know.
    Mike

I just put a shim in front of my nozzle (3 degrees) to raise me bow out of the water a bit for less drag. And also have another nozzle that was machined at an angle. I havnt tried either yet. What jet do you have?

3 stage Hamilton,
    Does Greatland have the shims on hand and what is the ballpark cost? I am up in Fairbanks so can't just run down there.

1. Greatland Welding & Machine
    2. Welding Supply Store
    3. Address: 1697 N Chet Cir, Palmer, AK 99645
      Phone:(907) 745-2383
      Hours:
      Open today 7:30 am 5:00 pm

www.greatlandwelding.com
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

You can try schlagel marine as well. I have ordered a few 3 stage parts from them. They have the nozzle shims you are looking for. I have a 5deg for my boat, just haven't put it in yet.