Thread: Minto Summer Pike

Default Minto Summer Pike

Hey guys I'm making a trip up to Minto this summer for some pike fishing. I've searched old threads on launching boat from village and issues with vehicles. Just wondering if anybody has been up there in the last year or has any recent experience. Any info would be much appreciated thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 315NYkid View Post
    Hey guys I'm making a trip up to Minto this summer for some pike fishing. I've searched old threads on launching boat from village and issues with vehicles. Just wondering if anybody has been up there in the last year or has any recent experience. Any info would be much appreciated thanks!

leave the beer at home, be as polite and non invasive as possible. pack out EVERYTHING you take in. we didnt have an issue with our truck but it was made clear when we left that we were not exactly welcome

That just sounds like 'be polite and respectful' and should be standard practice everywhere. What kind of issues have folks run into at Minto? I know someone that lives there and haven't heard a word.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by tananaBrian View Post
    That just sounds like 'be polite and respectful' and should be standard practice everywhere. What kind of issues have folks run into at Minto? I know someone that lives there and haven't heard a word.

Brian
    Brian,
    I've heard mixed reviews about Minto as well as every Native community. My experience in each community I have been in has been extremely positive, but one. However that negative experience involved very few people and liquid beverage was a contributing factor.

I also believe that negative experiences might be from attitudes of those that experienced the negativity.

I have a friend that is teaching in Minto right now, and he was trying to get my family to move there for next school year. He raves on Minto.

Yeah ...I see both sides. Been called a few names myself. But the story is more complex than many realize when it comes to history around here. People seem to get along pretty well overall in spite of it though. I think most prefer to be good folks towards each other.

Canoeing around Minto and casting for Pike is fun... Nice peaceful place to spend a lazy Saturday.

Brian

for the most part every one is great there , saying that there can be some people that could act up an cause problems SID

Quote Originally Posted by tananaBrian View Post
    Yeah ...I see both sides. Been called a few names myself. But the story is more complex than many realize when it comes to history around here. People seem to get along pretty well overall in spite of it though. I think most prefer to be good folks towards each other.

Canoeing around Minto and casting for Pike is fun... Nice peaceful place to spend a lazy Saturday.

Brian

I agree. And sadly many "outsiders" don't really want to educate themselves of the history.
    Of all the places I have lived, rural AK has been the all around best.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    I agree. And sadly many "outsiders" don't really want to educate themselves of the history.
    Of all the places I have lived, rural AK has been the all around best.
    Agreed.....

bd

I would feel better leaving a Vehicle in Minto over most parking lots for 3 days.
    That being said **** can happen anywhere, be it Minto or Downtown Anchorage.
    Last time I was there I had the oldest truck there and no one gave me a second look.
    Treat people the same as you wanted to be treated.....

The road is lousy once you head towards Manley, take several spares.....
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR