Thread: Building Materials to Lake Clark

Default Building Materials to Lake Clark

I need to move materials for a stick and frame 16'x28' cabin from Anchorage/Homer to Lake Clark. Can anyone tell me the best resource for getting this done? I assume barging is the most economical.

When I built on Keys Point back in the 80's I had everything flown in. Where are you building.....???

Quote Originally Posted by blt1956 View Post
    I need to move materials for a stick and frame 16'x28' cabin from Anchorage/Homer to Lake Clark. Can anyone tell me the best resource for getting this done? I assume barging is the most economical.

Hire an Otter and just get it done....... spendy but quick and painless.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Try Alaska West Air, Turbo Otters can haul a lot of weight. Easy to remove seats.

First, there is no way to barge to Lake Clark, except by way of Six Mile Lake or from Port Alsworth. Knowing where you are building is a big help. You can have it flown into Port Alsworth and have barged over. You can also buy your materials at Pile Bay, have it transported from Iliamna(sp?) to Six Mile Lake and barged to your property. When I worked at a lodge close to Nondalton, we had building materials brought into Nondalton by Air Supply Alaska in Kenai. 907-335-1900. Good luck
    JOHN

Doug at Alaska West. We buy all our building materials in Kenai, and fly them over. We are not as far as Lake Clark, but on the west side of the Cook Inlet. Doug flys there all the time. He is the best. Very fair. The Otter holds 2500 lbs.