Thread: Kodiak - 2015 King Derby Starts May 1

Default Kodiak - 2015 King Derby Starts May 1

Kodiak Association of Charter Operators (KACO) is holding the 2015 King Derby which starts May 1st and runs through Aug 1st.

This event is sponsored by local businesses and organizations here in Kodiak with their donations going towards the prizes, all the ticket proceeds go towards funding Kodiak Island king Enhancements projects.

Tickets go on sale April 29th and can be purchased at Macks Sporting Goods as well as though various members of KACO.

For derby specifics and updates: http://kodiakaco.com/derby.html

Post your questions here or send Abel a PM

KACO finished the final little details of the Derby last night and tickets are available as of today for $20 each. Derby officially kicks off May 1st, and concludes Aug 1st. There's $11,000 in prizes for the top 3 fish, the remaining $9,000 is broken out between fish that don't make the top 3 in a random draw by length. So if it isn't over 45lbs, take down the length of the fish, and e-mail KACO a picture of you with your fish and your derby tag stuck to the fish. It will put in the hat, so everyone that enters a king, no matter the size has a shot and some take home cash. Fish over 45lbs that you want to weigh for a shot at top 3 have to be weighed in a Mack's Sporting goods. You can enter as many fish as you have derby tickets. All the proceeds from ticket sales go to help support the king enhancement projects here in Kodiak. Tickets are available at Mack's and with a number of other vendors on the island including the charter operators, I don't have all the names with me, but to name a few, me, (Abel), Jeff with Kodiak Combo's, Chris on the U Rascal, Mel Roe on the Shearwater and the Olds River Inn.

If you have any questions psot them up here, I'll answer them as best I can.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Got one entered today. Actually it was my wife. Naturally!

She rigged the bait, drove the boat and hooked the king. Only one we saw caught in our area today. It was 36 1/2", 26.24# and red. Fresh salmon for dinner!

Where was I while all this was going on? Oh, I got to back the trailer. I got to net her fish. And of course I got to do the filleting!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Got one entered today. Actually it was my wife. Naturally!

She rigged the bait, drove the boat and hooked the king. Only one we saw caught in our area today. It was 36 1/2", 26.24# and red. Fresh salmon for dinner!

Where was I while all this was going on? Oh, I got to back the trailer. I got to net her fish. And of course I got to do the filleting!

Dude, that's the way it's suppose to work. You do all the work, they get all the credit
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts