Thread: Wolverine pics

Default Wolverine pics

It turns out that the wolverine much prefers to eat the beaver meat after the season closes and the traps have been pulled! I have 2 separate wolverine visiting the site. One has unique chest markings. The one with white chest markings was timid and never did climb the pole to eat. It took the other wolverine 2 days to get the courage to climb the pole and eat the beaver carcass. It ate the carcass and finally yanked it off the pole after about 24 hrs of work. I got hundreds of pics and 15 second video clips of the wolverines, marten, jays, vole, and 1 raven. In one picture the wolverine is snarling. I suspect it's snarling at the other wolverine that is outside of the picture frame. I'm working on putting together a slideshow of the video clips and pics. I had 2 cameras at the site - one took still pics and the other took still pics and video.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eating.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	84146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hangin out resized.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	84147

A few more pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolverine smile_resized.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	84148Click image for larger version. 

Name:	White chest markings.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	84149

jpost - would you mind emailing me the full resolution of the close up photos? always adding reference pics to my collection. I will pm you my email if you would be willing to share.

You know they will always show you up at the end of the season. Some day I'd like to do a mount of a wolverine climbing a tree going after a marten hanging in a conibear. Only because we had one follow our marten line and snap at least 8 traps. LOL
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Quote Originally Posted by JuliW View Post
    jpost - would you mind emailing me the full resolution of the close up photos? always adding reference pics to my collection. I will pm you my email if you would be willing to share.

You know they will always show you up at the end of the season. Some day I'd like to do a mount of a wolverine climbing a tree going after a marten hanging in a conibear. Only because we had one follow our marten line and snap at least 8 traps. LOL
    Sure, no problem, send me a PM.

Very cool pictures!!!!! Thank you for sharing them!

Awsome jpost! I have the same thing going. Been clearing trail the last few weeks and I have wolverine everywhere now that season is over. This time of year they are really moving around alot getting frisky.

Also had a pair of wolves come thru of coarse a week after season closed for trapping...

Wow! Great pics!
    I would love to see more and the video clips!