Thread: Little Sue ?

Default Little Sue ?

My friend and I were on the water the last 4 hours of fishing time. The water was very high. What is the best way to fish that Creek, yes I said creek. Our Deshka knowledge just aint working. Help!!

Default Little Su

The water is at a low average for this time of the year. From shore I cast spin-n-Glo's and drift them. Vary your casting distance and your placement in the hole. Repeat over and over. From a boat most anglers either anchor above the hole and drift back or back troll in the holes.

Thumbs up Little Su

I'm playing guide to family this week, and yesterday we (85 yr old dad-in-law) caught a 35# king from our boat. We were back trolling mag-worts. With such nice weather, it all dried up by 9am, so we're trying it again first thing this am. Wish us luck.

Smile more Little Su

OK, yesterday we were out on the water at 6:30 am, and sister-in law caught a little bit bigger king by 8am. Back trolling mag wort again. Missed another... Couple of other boats on the water but all were friendly and well behaved. It may be a creek, but I just love the Little Su.

Oh please, do not get me wrong I like the Lil Sue as well. Burned out on the Deshka. So when you Back Troll are you Rowing or using your Jet unit to hold you in the Current?

Default Skunked again, but ain't givin' up yet

Went out yesterday for the first time since the boat wreck on the 9th. Fished downstream from the launch from about 10 am til 4 pm. Finally had one on about 3:30, but lost it after just a few seconds. Looked like a pretty good one (40+, I'm thinkin), but it ain't in the freezer, so how big it is don't matter. Gonna try it again this evening. One of these days we'll get one out of there.

Default Little Su

Jeffster,
    I do both. I catch them either way. I prefer the control of the paddles but when I am tired the motor works great.