Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Bios?

Default Vortex Bios?

What one's do you guys use or what other type of binoculars do you use? I'm looking at picking up some and just want to hear what everyone likes. Thanks!

My wife bought the Vortex Razors last year, and I am hugely impressed. Let's just say that we'll have a second set before August rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan69 View Post
    What one's do you guys use or what other type of binoculars do you use? I'm looking at picking up some and just want to hear what everyone likes. Thanks!
    I bought some Talon HDs a couple years ago.... love them. Price to Performance ratio is off the chart.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I own a pair of Leicas that I've had for almost 20 years. That being said, I've looked through a few pairs of the Vortex and I have to say that for the money I don't believe you can buy a better optic. If I had to buy a new optic today I believe this is what I would buy. Plus I believe they have a lifetime warranty which makes them even better. I've heard really good things about the diamondbacks.

I've used the Vortex Fury for several years. Love 'em!

I have vortex's Diamondback model, 10X40 if I remember right.......

They have lasted two years that Ive had a pair, boating and snow machining around alot.
    I dont know the price, they were a gift, but I used to own a pair of Steiner 'Predators' and havent replaced them quite yet as these are doing the job quite well.

A sight better than the Leupod Bino's I bout online, came brand new with a cracked lens....still loooking forward to giving a working pair a work out yet.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Default Vortex Bios?

Buddy's got a pair of 10x40 diamondbacks. I've used them out in the field and they are very nice. I've got a pair that cost twice what they did and it's only nitpicking to tell any difference at all. Very impressive binocs and I'd buy them next if mine break. The warranty is unbeatable too. I own 3 vortex rifle scopes and they are great too. Great company.

I just got a pair of the 10x42 Viper HD that a friend snagged at a pawn shop. Got them for half the price of retail and these are ones that were made in Japan, they are incredible. Lifetime transferable warranty. Got these instead of the 10x30 Swarvoski CL. Plus I got a Diamondback scope.

I just wanted to take the time to mention a little trick I found out about many years ago from a fellow guide friend of mine. Swarovski makes a line of what they call the "traditional" style binos. What they are is the old style looking glasses that you've seen from days gone by. You wouldn't know them if you saw them sitting on the front seat of a truck, from a cheap set of Tascos. Even though these old style looking glasses look cheap, they still carry the fine glass that Swarovski is known for.....but at a fraction of the cost of the newer type glasses. These are the same glasses that many guides all over the world have used for years and years. If you know of a Swarovski dealer ask about them, or maybe give Swarovski a call yourself....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Unless you are looking at very entry level binos for occasional use I would steer away from the Diamondacks. I bought my son a pair of 10x50's a couple of years ago and while they are a step up from the Bruntons he had they are just fair as far as glass goes.
    I paid about $250 for them new.

my friend's vortex binos (not sure which line there are in) fogged up on the inside of the lenses during a moose hunt. i used vortex's wonderful warranty three times for the optics for one gun before ditching the scope for a zeiss (which i couldn't be happier with). i've heard plenty of good experiences with vortex but mine have only been that of frustration and use of their warranty process. i don't think a good "no questions asked" warranty should be a selling point...a good pair of binos that will never, ever need to use a warranty; now that's a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by ak-fang View Post
    my friend's vortex binos (not sure which line there are in) fogged up on the inside of the lenses during a moose hunt. i used vortex's wonderful warranty three times for the optics for one gun before ditching the scope for a zeiss (which i couldn't be happier with). i've heard plenty of good experiences with vortex but mine have only been that of frustration and use of their warranty process. i don't think a good "no questions asked" warranty should be a selling point...a good pair of binos that will never, ever need to use a warranty; now that's a selling point.

Exactly......A lot of good a piece of paper is back home when you can't see anything on your hunt...!!!

Rep your way...!!!

I have used the Viper HD line of binos and spotter for the past three seasons and love them. I now also have a Vortex PST scope on a rifle. Great optics period, and of course the warranty is the best.

I have the vortex razors and it's great glass for the money. Get them at Barney's and save yourself 10%

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I just wanted to take the time to mention a little trick I found out about many years ago from a fellow guide friend of mine. Swarovski makes a line of what they call the "traditional" style binos. What they are is the old style looking glasses that you've seen from days gone by. You wouldn't know them if you saw them sitting on the front seat of a truck, from a cheap set of Tascos. Even though these old style looking glasses look cheap, they still carry the fine glass that Swarovski is known for.....but at a fraction of the cost of the newer type glasses. These are the same glasses that many guides all over the world have used for years and years. If you know of a Swarovski dealer ask about them, or maybe give Swarovski a call yourself....
    Oh and btw........ when I said at a "fraction" of the cost I meant it. I paid less for my Swaros than you all are paying for some of these Vortexes.....

I've got the old generation vipers and like them a lot. Scratch easily though. Compared to a set of 10 y/o Leicas, resolution was almost as good. Leicas had much better color though. I'd buy them again as a mid grade but I'd buy Zeus conquest before a pair of Razors. My conquests for $849 was a steal. Amazing glass. I've got a new viper pst scope. Not impressed. But I think the vipers are good mid grade binos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnclimber View Post
    I have the vortex razors and it's great glass for the money. Get them at Barney's and save yourself 10%
    Agreed!!! I have the 12X50 Razor HDs and they weigh less thanthe Swaro 10X42 ELs I had and I like the 12X for glassing as well. Been using mine for 2 years and they have spotted a pile of game in that time. See no reason to go back to Swaro or Zeiss (both of which I have owned prior to these) anytime soon.

Had the 10x42 Diamondbacks for 2-3 years, I liked them alot. But I thought the lenses scratched easily. (No, I don't use a shirt for cleaning)... Anyways, I treated my wife to a set of Viper HD's as a birthday gift. After 2-3 months of playing around with HER binos, I came to the conclusion that I liked hers better. I sold the Diamondbacks to my son in law and now have 2 sets of Viper HD's at home. They're friggin' nice glasses...

I'm using the 12x50 razor also - and I really like them....but I used bushnell or Nikon in the past. Mid 40's and my sight is not as excellent as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Oh and btw........ when I said at a "fraction" of the cost I meant it. I paid less for my Swaros than you all are paying for some of these Vortexes.....
    You are assuming everyone posting paid retail for their Vortex's. Any registered guide or service member is able to get a substantial discount through Vortex. But good for you for getting a deal on some Swaro's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast