Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 111

Thread: 2015 Hooligan

  1. #1

    Default 2015 Hooligan

    Anchorage tides for the last two weekends in May.



    Tide differential Anchorage to Portage is roughly 45 minutes. Best fishing 2 hours after high tide.

    Complete table can be found here.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Off the road system,AK
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    Anchorage tides for the last two weekends in May.



    Tide differential Anchorage to Portage is roughly 45 minutes. Best fishing 2 hours after high tide.

    Complete table can be found here.
    Any reports of fish being caught? Anyone see any on the Kenai yrt?

  3. #3
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Way too early.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    Way too early.
    May 27, 2014

    By the next weekend, things were not happnen'.

  5. #5
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    May 27, 2014

    By the next weekend, things were not happnen'.

    I was referring to the previous post asking if they are currently running.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    I was referring to the previous post asking if they are currently running.
    Sorry...I missed that post....

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    125

    Default

    All I know is I cant wait tell they get here. Love me some smoked Hooligan

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    129

    Default

    So I'm guessing the tide differential is 45min behind Anchorage?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a2thak View Post
    So I'm guessing the tide differential is 45min behind Anchorage?
    Roger that.

  10. #10
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaintrekker View Post
    Any reports of fish being caught? Anyone see any on the Kenai yrt?
    FYI-A friend dipped 19 hooligan in 25 minutes at 20-mile after high tide today.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    FYI-A friend dipped 19 hooligan in 25 minutes at 20-mile after high tide today.
    You know what they say, pictures or it didn't happen!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I'm kinda surprised I don't see more people dipnetting hooligan in the Big Su. There have been times they were so thick we had to kick our motor up and there would be 20 of them with their heads stuck in the jet unit intake lol. Course that's later May to early June and by then Kings are most peoples goal

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seafish View Post
    I'm kinda surprised I don't see more people dipnetting hooligan in the Big Su. There have been times they were so thick we had to kick our motor up and there would be 20 of them with their heads stuck in the jet unit intake lol. Course that's later May to early June and by then Kings are most peoples goal
    When the catching is that easy, it takes the fun out of the hunt.


  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Seafish...where in the Big Su do you see them? How far up the Su are they in catchable numbers?

  15. #15
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ulflyfish View Post
    Seafish...where in the Big Su do you see them? How far up the Su are they in catchable numbers?
    The furthest upstream that I've caught them is Willow Creek.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    36

    Default

    What FishGod said. I pretty much always go down river of the Deshka just because there are less people and it's nice to camp on a big sandbar/island, let the dogs run around and have the river breeze keep the mosquitos down.

  17. #17
    Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    When the catching is that easy, it takes the fun out of the hunt.

    Wow, talk about a lot of hooligan! That would be fun.

  18. #18
    Member shimano 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    529

    Default

    What in the heck do you do with that many hooligan? When you smoke them I guess you eat with bones in??

  19. #19
    Member hogfamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!
    Posts
    1,094

    Default

    Nets? Nets? We don't need no stinkin' nets!








  20. #20

    Default

    Anybody know when the high tide will be this upcoming Sunday, May 3rd at 20 mile? My family and I will be driving back from Seward sometime in the afternoon and I thought I'd make a stop and let the kids try out dipping for some hooligan. First couple hours of the outgoing tide is best right? Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •