Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Want Brown Bear Seminar on DVD! Get yours here!

Default Joe Want Brown Bear Seminar on DVD! Get yours here!

We just picked up a supply of Joe Want's brown bear seminar on DVD. Joe guided for brown bear on Kodiak Island for 40 years, under Pinnell and Talifson, legends in the brown bear hunting business. While others talk about hunting brown bears, or may have superficial experience, Joe earned his knowledge in the alder thickets and windswept slopes of Kodiak. His seminar is one of the most popular in Alaska, and his insights and experiences are second to none. If you're hunting brown bear in Alaska, the simple fact is that you need this seminar series.

The series is two DVDs, and three hours long. It doesn't contain a lot of glitz and glamor, or any footage from the field. It's Joe and the camera, in a room full of learners, teaching folks about brown bears, how to hunt them and how to judge trophy quality.

We have this video in our booth at the Great Alaska Sportsman Show, so stop by and grab one.

=EDIT=

We now have this video in our store, AT THIS LINK. Stop by and pick up a copy!

-Mike
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 01-11-2016 at 23:42.
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Heck I would pay thirty bucks for just a pic of Joe,with his double rifle of course. Three hours of him talking is priceless.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I got the DVD set a couple of months ago and have watched it several times since. Joe provides a great deal of practical info - it's a great seminar.

Mike - I'll be headed to the show on Sunday. Where is your booth? I'd like to pick up a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bruin View Post
    Mike - I'll be headed to the show on Sunday. Where is your booth? I'd like to pick up a copy.
    We are in booths 61-62, if I remember correctly. We are listed in the supplement as "Alaska Outdoors Supersite".

For those interested, we have the entire book and DVD store there; over 400 titles all related to the Alaska outdoors.

See you there!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

We sat in on Joe's short seminar last year at the show. When it was over he called my 10 yr old son over & gave him a copy (first I'd seen) for paying close attention the whole time . Great stuff on there & would be worth full retail & then some.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I recently had the pleasure of sitting down with Joe on 2 occasions over the last month while getting ready for my spring bear hunt this year. What an amazing, intelligent and generous man. I can not say enough kind words about the man. He has a genuine love and desire for hunting and wants hunters to simply be successful and wise. What a great advocate for hunting!!

My son got me the DVD I have watched it numerous times and still pick up things I missed the first time.

Joe used to have a seminar on the weekend of the SCI here in Anchorage, does he still do that?

I received mine today in the mail. Thanks Mike.

Great video. Lots of stuff I knew, great information though and lot's of little tips here and there that you can pick up though. Well worth the money and if you have kids that hunt with you I think it is a must watch.

You just can't beat all the years in the woods he has. Great video set.

Mike,
    Is the DVD set still available? I've looked in the store and seem to be unable to find it. I've been looking for a good start on pursuing brownies, so I want a copy.
    Thanks.

Deacon,

I bought mine last week through Amazon. I think they had about 4 left as of last Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasifg View Post
    Deacon,

I bought mine last week through Amazon. I think they had about 4 left as of last Friday.
    I've got a call out to re-stock and will report back as soon as I hear anything. HEY! Don't be sending our customers off to Amazon, now! 😘

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Nasifg View Post
    Deacon,

Thanks for the tip, just found it on Amazon....

Miss his contributions to the forum. He wasn't always the most politically correct, but no-one can deny his knowledge and experiences.

Thanks, everyone.
    Mike,
    Let me know when you have an ETA. If I can get something from you in the next few weeks, I'll buy local.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Thanks, everyone.
    Mike,
    Let me know when you have an ETA. If I can get something from you in the next few weeks, I'll buy local.
    Thanks.
    If you buy from Amazon, I believe you are buying from Joe. We are purchasing from him wholesale, and retailing them here. We have a shipment coming in this week, but honestly I would not want to take any sales from him.

On a related note, we lose a few sales from our store, from folks who don't want to pay via PayPal. Some people don't have a PayPal account or are concerned about security. Honestly, PayPal's security is very tight, and I have never heard of a risk there. Also, even if you don't have a PayPal account, you can still use your credit or debit card with them in order to process your payment. We're doing the same thing with site memberships, and running into similar issues. We are working on a solution, but the PayPal option works great.

It's frustrating because occasionally we get a note from someone who says they don't have a PayPal account and they went to Amazon instead. There's no need to do that.

Regards,

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    If you buy from Amazon, I believe you are buying from Joe. We are purchasing from him wholesale, and retailing them here. We have a shipment coming in this week, but honestly I would not want to take any sales from him.

On a related note, we lose a few sales from our store, from folks who don't want to pay via PayPal. Some people don't have a PayPal account or are concerned about security. Honestly, PayPal's security is very tight, and I have never heard of a risk there. Also, even if you don't have a PayPal account, you can still use your credit or debit card with them in order to process your payment. We're doing the same thing with site memberships, and running into similar issues. We are working on a solution, but the PayPal option works great.

It's frustrating because occasionally we get a note from someone who says they don't have a PayPal account and they went to Amazon instead. There's no need to do that.

Regards,

-Mike
    Copy that. I have a PP account, so either is fine with me. Regardless, thanks for the info.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Default Joe Want DVD Now In Stock!

Some folks expressed an interest in picking up a copy of Joe Want's video seminar, "Success in Brown Bear Hunting". We were temporarily out of stock, but we now have a supply on hand AT THIS LINK. Stop by and pick one up! Joe brings 40 years of guiding experience on brown bear hunts to the table, and is a wealth of knowledge on the subject. Well worth the prices of admission.

-Mike

Tried to order a copy but without PayPal I guess it can't be done. Looked like a good one to have.

Quote Originally Posted by knikglacier View Post
    Tried to order a copy but without PayPal I guess it can't be done. Looked like a good one to have.
    I ordered my copy with pay pal on amazon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast