Thread: Flyrod holder

Default Flyrod holder

Could someone give me ideas for a flyrod holder that attaches to the rowing frame of my Aire raft? Thanks

Get some 2 or 3 inch pvc pipe. 2 sections long, get a coupler for the middle and caps for the ends. then cut a notch in the end so the fly reel sticks out. You can break down into 2 pieces for a flight in (if needs be) then you can put it under 2 of the straps that hold the frame to the tube on the outside of the upright for the oar. If you need any other info I could probably get you some pictures.

Hey I appreciate the info pics would be awesome

Thanks for the info and yes, pics would be great!

I will try to get some pics tonight and get them posted.

You could attach something like this to your frame: http://www.fishusa.com/product/Berkl...mpaign=bing_ps
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

I'm having Montana Raft Frames (Leo Larson) make a frame for my 15' Sotar Elite Goo sold me several years back. Using it here in mountains of NC and Tenn, but the pack frame I use for flying to Alaska lacks features I want locally, weekend trips, etc. He has a particularly nice fly rod storage, holds two rods each. I'm mounting one forward facing and on other side one rear facing. Nice stuff.

http://www.montanaraftframes.com/RaftFrame.aspx

Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Get yourself the fly rod version of a Scotty (#265). Mounts nicely to any pipe. I have them on the frames of float tubes and the railings on our boats. Best of all, they adjust to any angle and dismount cleanly to leave behind only the base. Second best is that all the other Scotty rod holders fit the same base.

Absolutely secure lockup for the rod, too. I was using my pontoon boat for silvers in a local bay when I hooked a good halibut (turned out to be 72#) on my 8-weight. No way in heck I was set up to land it in the toon. Strapped the rod into the Scotty rod holder and rowed to shore to land it. Done.

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I'm planning to make a couple of holders similar to those on this thread:
    http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...ded-41491.html

I don't want to use the holders that clamp on the reel seat for fear of rods getting trashed as you float the river.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith