Thread: "paying out" - what a twist!

Default "paying out" - what a twist!

In the ADN today: http://www.adn.com/article/20150331/...-close-deficit

The article's wording makes it sound like the state govt. is "paying out" more money in tax credits than it is receiving - what a twist on the golden goose natural resource that is paying most of the state's tab!
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Yep, saw that. Selective reporting. Misleading people as usual. Look at the comments, it's sickening. People believe this stuff.

Default trash oil...

I'm not sure why the liberal media always wants to trash the oil companies for getting a few tax credits, while the other industries that profit off AK resources - commercial fishing, mining, and timber - pay virtually no taxes on billions in income and yet get a free ride from the press.

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    Yep, saw that. Selective reporting. Misleading people as usual. Look at the comments, it's sickening. People believe this stuff.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default and even more

another story with the same lies and deception: http://www.adn.com/article/20150406/...administration

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post

I bet a lot of those who trash oil companies for the tax credits they get, also support apple and general electric products. Why don't they dig into those companies and find out the tax breaks they are getting?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    another story with the same lies and deception: http://www.adn.com/article/20150406/...administration
    Pretty sure that only folks of a certain political persuasion even read that virtual rag. I gave up on that paper a long time ago, I don't bother with its digital offspring either.