Thread: Looks like moose season is changing for the peninsula

Default Looks like moose season is changing for the peninsula

http://radiokenai.net/moose-hunting-...for-the-kenai/

I kinda like the season going later, it'll make it a little better for calling and hopefully won't be so hot during the first few days of season. However I also wonder what it means for our moose down here when we get more time to hunt them when the moose have love on the brain if more will be killed during the last few days.
    I still would have rather seen the archery hunt put after the general season and open archery in 15C but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    http://radiokenai.net/moose-hunting-...for-the-kenai/

I kinda like the season going later, it'll make it a little better for calling and hopefully won't be so hot during the first few days of season. However I also wonder what it means for our moose down here when we get more time to hunt them when the moose have love on the brain if more will be killed during the last few days.
    I still would have rather seen the archery hunt put after the general season and open archery in 15C but that's just me.
    Seems like an archery season in the Homer area is a no brainer. Maybe the F&G guys are worried all the bunny huggers down there would be upset and likely to mass protest.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Guess you missed this awhile back....

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ges-for-the-KP
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Guess you missed this awhile back....

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ges-for-the-KP
    Dang, I even went through the hunting forum to see if it had been posted. Guess I didn't go back far enough, sorry for the double post

Now they change it. Just when I was going to take my 8 year old out this August for some overnight hunting camping during archery season before school opens. Oh well. Time for plan B...whatever that will be.

Quote Originally Posted by smarion View Post
    Now they change it. Just when I was going to take my 8 year old out this August for some overnight hunting camping during archery season before school opens. Oh well. Time for plan B...whatever that will be.
    Hopefully he'll like it better later on when there are less bugs. I know my boy, when he was young, couldn't stand the bugs on a few of our "earlier" hunts.....ESPECIALLY after I had a moose down. You know how that is.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Oh he'll like it! He's at that stage as a little kid where he is out of his gord excited when I am going hunting. Similarly, he is beyond despondent when he can't go. Was thinking about getting him some real life exposure this year. The bugs will definitely be part of the realism. I had briefly considered a July trip up the Haul road but I don't think I want to deal with those bugs! Its fun to plan his "firsts". Trout, salmon, hunting trip...