Thread: 5 beaver carcasses available today

Default 5 beaver carcasses available today

South anchorage, $15.00 a piece these are not nasty caught Saturday. Send private message I will send phone number.

I sent you a pm.

Is this legal? If so I also one with several on their way.

Sorry Gentlemen, they are already gone.

Grouse, if you have more, shoot me a pm, thanks.

Bob your gonna need a bigger garage so you can get the whole family out there skinning! lol I got mine hanging today. Thank you for the beaver carcass

Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    Is this legal? If so I also one with several on their way.
    Not how I read it. Maybe Im wrong. IDK

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...g.baitlocation

Types of Baits
    What types of bait should you use at your bait station? Only biodegradable materials may be used for bait. The only parts of fish or wildlife which can legally be used as bait are heads, bones, guts, and skin. In GMUs 7 and 15, fish or fish parts are not allowed to be used as bait. This is because brown bears are often attracted to fish and other decaying meats. In some parts of the state, baiters are strongly advised against using rotten items such as chicken or turkey carcasses because these items are so effective at drawing unwanted attention from brown bears. You don’t want brown bears at your bait site: You’ll need to refill the barrel more often, they’ll chase black bears away, and they can be dangerous to you and others using the site. Even if meat or fish are legal baits in your chosen GMU, they are not necessary for attracting black bears.

There are two main bait classifications, call bait and food bait.

1.Call Bait: This is usually a strong scent used to draw bears in from long distances. It is most effective when you can get the call bait up high in a tree. Examples of call baits include sweet items coated in syrup or vanilla. A number of effective commercial scent lures are also available.
    2.Food Bait: Every veteran bear baiter has their own secret food bait, but the bottom line is to find something that keeps the black bears coming back. Examples of food bait to put in your drum container are: dog food, syrup, honey, molasses, doughnuts, old bread, popcorn or any mixture of the above items—but mainly sweet stuff.
    Using grease as either a call or food bait has significant drawbacks. Like other meat or meat-related products, it tends to draw brown bears. It can also make your task of post-season site cleanup extremely difficult.

This is from the ADFG website. Im not so sure an entire beaver carcass can be used. \Again, maybe Im wrong.
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans