Thread: PWS Sound Deer Hunt Oct 2015

Default PWS Sound Deer Hunt Oct 2015

My son and I are going blacktail deer hunting in PWS Oct 16-20, and we are looking for 3-4 more hunters to join us. We will be going out of Whittier aboard the 50' "Good Times".

http://www.alaskagoodtimecharters.co...se/default.asp

I have done this hunt 3 times todate. Once back in 98í on a different charter. Then recently in 2012 and2013. I have taken two of my sons out on the last two trips (one each year). Both of them were successful on their first hunts. Those were the thin years too after a really bad winter in 2011. The deerpopulation is far better now.
    We hunt only on islands with no bears, so you can carry lightweapons appropriate for kids without fear. My boys used a .243 Theterrain is mountainous, but mostly gentle rises tame enough for youngerkids. You can get aggressive if you want too in terms of how high youhunt, but donít need to. You spend most of your time in forest, and cutthough meadow areas as well. Most shots happen close based on thevegetation, but every now and then you might see a long shot in one of themeadows.

We generally split up in pairs or singles and spread out to not be a conflict with each other. So, you would be hunting on your own or with a partner if you choose. I'll be paired up with my son.

We hang the deer on the boat with skins on. It is perfecttemp to let them age on the boat, and then you can butcher them when you gethome. Themeat is outstanding by the way.

The price per person depends on the number of hunters. With 5 hunters, the price is $1875 per person. Slightly cheaper if we go with 6. The boat is very comfortable, and the crew are very experienced and competent. They are transporters, not guides. The hunters have the use of 3 separate bedrooms each with a 2 bunks and 2 separate bathrooms each with a shower. The first mate cooks breakfast and dinner, and you bring your own lunches to take into the field while hunting during the day. There is even a dryer on the boat to dry out under layers for the next days hunt.

Please e-mail me at sixalaskans@gci.net if you are interested or have questions.

Steve

"We hunt only on islands with no bears" So they are not going all the way out to Montague or Knight then ?
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Must be green, naked or perry, all others have bear in my exp.
    Bk

Both correct.