Thread: Inexpensive Anchorage Accomadations

Default Inexpensive Anchorage Accomadations

Hi,
    I may need to fly into Anchorage a day earlier than I expected and it may be late at night so I don't know if I'll be able to pick up the RV at that time.
    Can anyone recommend a suitable place that won't break the bank?

Op1

Default no cheap rooms

I hate to say it, but during tourist seasons the price of a hotel room almost doubles. Try priceline,hotwire, ect.

How bout a campground? Bird Creek and Eagle River are nice and so is a tent
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default The Anchorage paradox...

It's real tough, period.

Summer is high season with high rates throughout Anchorage. Even the lesser hotels/motels will be somewhat costly.

When I get caught in an overnight situation in Anchorage, I stay at the Best Western on Spenard. Request the goverment rate and they'll put you in the more moderate side across the street from the more expensive side. You'll still pay, but not as much.

Here's the upside.

They'll give you free limo service to and from the airport. They are in the automated phone service in the baggage area and even the call is free.

Walk across Spenard and then enjoy all the ammenities of the New Millenium Hotel. The taxidermy in the lobby is superb. The patio is a great spot to enjoy halibut bites washed down with a cold Alaskan Amber. You'll be perched on Lake Hood and you can enyoy the bush planes as they come and go.

If you have to take the paradox, this is one of the better bangs for your buck...

http:/www.alaskanauthor.com

In the summertime, they use the University of Alaska Anchorage dorms for hotel style guest housing. Definately not the Holiday Inn, but it might be worth a look. I think it's $45 a night.

Talking Great Deal!

THANKS alaskajoe,
    Just booked a night there. Picking up the RV the next day and meeting up with the rest of the guys flying in that day. $50 for a dorm room is a great deal.

OP1

Default Stay in the RV?

Hi Op1. Our flights into Anchorage usually arrive about midnight so we face the same dilemma. We asked the RV companies if we could stay in the rental units in the parking lots, which they agreed to. Can't remember if they charged us an extra night, but the big advantage was unpacking all that gear and familiarizing our selves with the RV. Good fishing!

Try Tracy's B+B at www.lynxcrossing.com Great feed back from the folks who used it, if you don't mind hanging out with an Okie!

Dave