Thread: little su

Default little su

Any one tried out the little Su along shrock or Wasilla fishhook yet. Did you do any good? I'm going to walk a little of it probly tomarow if not later today. I know there is tons of salmon fry this year.

Lemme know how you do. I've never caught anything that high this time of year but whitefish. The water is super low btw

Would love to know how this turned out...I can't imagine there even being water moving...even in the summer the upper little su is pretty slim pickin's. Please someone prove me wrong so I can go fishing!

you have to define the little sue, that is a long river so you can call where the thin water is SId

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    you have to define the little sue, that is a long river so you can call where the thin water is SId
    He did - Schrock Rd/Wasilla Fishook.

you are correct I missed it SID

I actually floated in canoes from n. Shushana too shrock bridge. There was agood bit of portaging and I guess my canoe was wrong side up all winter so the foam in the seats were water logged and made it a nightmare. We found plenty of shallow spots we had to walk and many trees to duck under but was actually great considering. I really don't think id care to do it if it was any higher it would be worse.we did come across some totaly frozen river at some deep spots we had to portage around but getting back in the water on the thin ice was interesting and my first bobsledding experience to say. No fish though but only tried one good hole so don't know we were running out of day light and bit off way too much for the time frame but I'm sure passed a few just most holes only had thin channels through the ice with no good spot to fish from. If the water don't come up too much ill be doing it again when the ice is gone for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
    I actually floated in canoes from n. Shushana too shrock bridge. There was agood bit of portaging and I guess my canoe was wrong side up all winter so the foam in the seats were water logged and made it a nightmare. We found plenty of shallow spots we had to walk and many trees to duck under but was actually great considering. I really don't think id care to do it if it was any higher it would be worse.we did come across some totaly frozen river at some deep spots we had to portage around but getting back in the water on the thin ice was interesting and my first bobsledding experience to say. No fish though but only tried one good hole so don't know we were running out of day light and bit off way too much for the time frame but I'm sure passed a few just most holes only had thin channels through the ice with no good spot to fish from. If the water don't come up too much ill be doing it again when the ice is gone for sure.
    Be sure to check regs for spawning closures.

Closed as of yesterday. I met a few kids a couple years ago that couldn't understand closed waters but said they were told by f and g that can fish just put the rainbows back at cottonwood creek when I told them its closed. After telling the trooper who just pulled up I had warned them and they just kept fishing, he replied then ill write the ticket since they couldn't take a honest warning.