Thread: Local Wasilla paved bike trails ride 3-27-15

Default Local Wasilla paved bike trails ride 3-27-15

Rode from Palmer/Wasilla to Trunk at 4 corners (Trunk new & smooth ) to the Parks to Meadow lakes & back.
    " Spring fever "

Doable with my 29er but a road bike would have a few spots that might need walked thru.
    Lots of small rocks & a few sand /gravel thicker spots, some pavement missing in spots.
    Some ice & water but slow & easy (don't have studs)

Went thru downtown Wasilla, mistake !!!
    Traffic a mess,
    Better to bypass using Seward Meridian or at least Crusey to Bogard (Nelson) then Nicola to Church & follow the new road to Day Rd. Back on the bike trail there. KGB then Vine might be an option I need to try.

Just before the railroad overpass, use the road (on the right) to get back to paved bike trail. 200 yard section of the trail is not finished
    Underpass after the railroad overpass just before Vine has about 8" of water & ice under it. Slow & easy but no issues.
    Some construction spot missing asphalt, still solid enough to ride a mtb over most spots.
    Remember you have to cross over the Parks at the Pitman rd red light, get on the So side.
    I started back at the Wood stove store. Ride back was into the wind, not bad but noticeably tougher.
    Pic jut N of Pitman rd:
    Attached Images Attached Images

After riding the shoulders of the Glenn & Palm Wasllia hwy.
    Most of the time I believe it's safer to ride the shoulders than the bike trail
    especially in high traffic, multi traffic directional areas, like down town wasilla.
    Gonna work on bypassing Wasilla, KGB to Vine Parks back then Church to Spruce or Seldon
    Working on a few bike routes of various distances.
    Can post if anyone interested.