Thread: Leupold Customer Service

Default Leupold Customer Service

I just got off the phone with Leupold and once again I am just amazed at their customer service! I recently bought a used rifle which had a Leupold 2-7 scope on it missing the turret caps. Leupold is sending me the caps at no charge- not even a shipping charge! I was sure I would at least have to pay something for shipping. I have always been a fan of their scopes- but little things like this make me not want to stray to another brand.

Yup. Leupold and Vortex have some of the best CS that I've ever dealt with personally and professionally. I've seen both replace optics for things that were just crazy. Coworker backed over his rifle and VX-III. Leupold sent him a new one no questions asked. Buddy dropped his Vortex right after opening the box, with it landing glass down on concrete. Brand new scope.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    I just got off the phone with Leupold and once again I am just amazed at their customer service! I recently bought a used rifle which had a Leupold 2-7 scope on it missing the turret caps. Leupold is sending me the caps at no charge- not even a shipping charge! I was sure I would at least have to pay something for shipping. I have always been a fan of their scopes- but little things like this make me not want to stray to another brand.
    Leupold provides top notch service and has done it that way my entire life. Tough to shop elsewhere if they have a model that does what I'm wanting done....
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

That's why I've owned 36 Leupolds...and spent many thousands since 1969 on them.

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Yes Leupold customer service and warranty is great!

I picked up a broken (stripped elevation turret) VX-3L 4.5-14X56 Illuminated scope for a couple hundred bucks, sent it off to Leupold and three weeks later I had a fully functional $1,300 scope in hand.

Ralph, that just sounds like working the system.

I love warranties that replace things for life, and am willing to pay for it. But, to scam them (or the schmuck you bought it off of who didn't know better) to get what you want is not my style.

For you perhaps they should ask questions.

Catch it,

No I was not trying to scam the system or the co-worker who is a friend. Before I bought it from him, I informed him upfront that the scope was warranted, and he said when he bought the scope it was a display item that was being sold as is, with NFS stamped on the bottom. His understanding was that the NFS meant Not For Sale, and was stamped on display scopes from the factory. He did not belive the scope would be warranted. I took a gamble and was willing to pay to have it repaired, if need be, and bought the scope at his asking price.

Then I contacted Leupold customer sewrvice, and explained the full situtation. To which they said yes the NFS marking did mean not for sale, and was sometimes used on display models or scopes that had been returned due to damage. The customer service rep advised me to send the scope in and if it was repairable, they would repair it, and let me know whether it was covered or not. I fully expected a bill. To Leupolds credit, they covered the cost of repair and return shipping.

It was all above board. The guy I bought if from knew the value and my intentions before we made the deal. I even recommended that he do it himself. He said he was just ready to sell the scope, he had been trying to sell the scope for several months to another guy in the office that would never commit, so he came to me knowing I was a shooter and asked if I was interested. I assumed the risk of the scope either not being repairable, or eating repair costs myself.

I do admit to looking for any item that has a lifetime warranty at gunshows, pawn shops, and yard sales that is damaged and requires being sent to the factory for repair that is being sold at a discount. I call that being smart. If I can pick up a warranted item and save some money, why not? I got a couple very nice older Redfields that way. I paid 40 bucks for a Redfield Tracker a few years ago that no longer would adjust from 3 to 9 power, sent it off to Iron Sight Inc, and it is good as new.