Thread: picked up a new lever gun

Default picked up a new lever gun

So after I have been unsuccessful searching for years for a marlin 1894 css I decided to try rossi. I Picked up a 20" r92 in 38/357. It was a new manufacture. I already put about 100 38 and 100 357 through it. It feed all the ammo I put through it flawlessly.(various types) Compared to the 1894 ss I have there seems to be almost ZERO recoil... kinda nice I must say. And quiet. The fit and finish blows my 1894 ss and 1894c, and 1895gs out of the water!!!!!!!! It really is a nicely finished lever gun. All my marlins are older so no excuse for "new manufacture".. It is also far slicker out of the box vs any marlin I have, except my old 36-A in 30-30. It did have way to much grease on it, which Is fine I guess, better than not enough. The wood is a mystery species, but looks nice and seems well oiled. I will put something on it to protect it a little better. Im not real experienced with the '92's, but I absolutely love the shiny crescent butt plate! I found it holds 10 357's in the tube and 11 38's in the tube. I really like it so far.. I sorta feel like im cheating on my marlins...... Now they have never let me down, but im facing facts here, the rossi is a cheap date that looks hot and ends up at the same place the marlins due at the end of the night.... Now I feel like im going to have an issue not buying another just to have two or three....

That is high praise- good to know!

Talking picked up a new lever gun

Quote Originally Posted by shayno View Post
    So after I have been unsuccessful searching for years for a marlin 1894 css I decided to try rossi. I Picked up a 20" r92 in 38/357. It was a new manufacture. I already put about 100 38 and 100 357 through it. It feed all the ammo I put through it flawlessly.(various types) Compared to the 1894 ss I have there seems to be almost ZERO recoil... kinda nice I must say. And quiet. The fit and finish blows my 1894 ss and 1894c, and 1895gs out of the water!!!!!!!! It really is a nicely finished lever gun. All my marlins are older so no excuse for "new manufacture".. It is also far slicker out of the box vs any marlin I have, except my old 36-A in 30-30. It did have way to much grease on it, which Is fine I guess, better than not enough. The wood is a mystery species, but looks nice and seems well oiled. I will put something on it to protect it a little better. Im not real experienced with the '92's, but I absolutely love the shiny crescent butt plate! I found it holds 10 357's in the tube and 11 38's in the tube. I really like it so far.. I sorta feel like im cheating on my marlins...... Now they have never let me down, but im facing facts here, the rossi is a cheap date that looks hot and ends up at the same place the marlins due at the end of the night.... Now I feel like im going to have an issue not buying another just to have two or three....
    ranch hand lever pistol is reliable, takes hot loads, not easily aim able. if there is such a word, totally needed distraction into the world of lever guns, did i mention a hoot to shoot? SO if your being tempted to find a distraction in lever guns, this is the one that will do it. OH YEA, go try 1 out. You know you want to.

Where did you get it? I'd like to find a descent used one, but the odds are pretty low. Sounds like a fun shooter.