Thread: Flight service to Kavik river from Happy Valley

Default Flight service to Kavik river from Happy Valley

Looking for options on flying out of happy valley to kavik river this August ,heard a quote of 950$ each way. Anybody else getting this or??

That's what 70 north charges, and that's just the beginning. Not a cheap hunt for sure , assuming that your sheep hunting. Another option may be Wright's out of FB and avoiding Kavik all together, but I don't know if you'll save any $$ or not.

Last year I had a quote of $950 from 70 North and then $2500 from another transporter (who was pretty rude at the Sportsman's show) from there and beyond...ouch. I've since found better options getting to the same area but have yet to make it there. I will say the gentleman from 70 North was awesome and friendly for sure!

Yea I'm already committed to bushwacker air for sheep , and just like the option of driving to happy valley and being able to haul everything back quickly,but dam 2 years ago it was 750$

I think that 70 N. flight can carry three people. You might want to check that out and see if you can split that flight with some other folks.

Very true! Any solo sheep' or caribou hunters headed to kavik then??? Shoot me a message

That seems about right. I checked with several transporters a few months ago about flying out of happy valley and they were all about 2000 per person!

Wow! What a ripoff....that is not very far over to Kavik...But what is at Kavik? You can't hunt much there....Are you then chartering to the mountains from there?

Quote Originally Posted by pipercub View Post
    ...But what is at Kavik?.......
    A crazy woman named Sue, that thinks she's a movie star...!!!............lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pipercub View Post
    Wow! What a ripoff....that is not very far over to Kavik...But what is at Kavik? You can't hunt much there....Are you then chartering to the mountains from there?
    From Kavik you can fly with a transporter that operates from there to further reaches

To really steam your pipes, consider that when I rolled up on the scene in 1995, we could fly in to the Shak for $500/person, and to Kavik was $250 per person. Crazy what 20 years has done to economics. Craazzy.

lb

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bartlett View Post
    To really steam your pipes, consider that when I rolled up on the scene in 1995, we could fly in to the Shak for $500/person, and to Kavik was $250 per person. Crazy what 20 years has done to economics. Craazzy.

lb
    I'm guessing there were a lot fewer people going that way back then as well. Demand has gone up a bit : )

I would fly in with Coyote air.

They fly out of Coldfoot & I believe still Galbrath lake.

Lots less driving & they can get you into some good sheep areas aswell as Caribou.

I know a couple of transporters have pulled out of Kavik due to low sheep populations along the Hula hula & Canning river country.

Arrowhead also goes in from a Lake right on the haulroad so you can leave a rig.

Hopefully the sheep up there will rebound so will be available for hunters.

3 years ago we got in 6 sheep from the areas above & last year only one from up there & most folks said they saw more hunters than they did sheep.

Oh well a day in the field seeing nothing is better than a day at home not hunting. LOL

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!