Thread: Montana creek guide?

Default Montana creek guide?

Anybody have recommendations for a guide service out in that area. I'm not familiar with that area or system at all and with the limited time off and the long drive I'd really like the ability to go with an outfit to help better the odds.
    Thanks in advance

I'd give 3 rivers fly shop in Wasilla a call. They can recommend a local and experienced guide service for the area. 373-5434
    http://www.3riversflyandtackle.com/index.html
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

FishKiller guide service operates in that neck of the woods. I believe DannerAK has contact information for them as well.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Great thank you guys for the info.

Spoke with Mike at the fly shop in Wasilla and according to him he is not aware of anybody who guides it. There is only approximately 1 mile of legal fishing area there and he said if you go there during the run and target the kings I would be better off as a posed to paying somebody. Made it sound like its as easy as fishing can be when it comes to kings.
    Thanks again for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingFreitag View Post
    Spoke with Mike at the fly shop in Wasilla and according to him he is not aware of anybody who guides it. There is only approximately 1 mile of legal fishing area there and he said if you go there during the run and target the kings I would be better off as a posed to paying somebody. Made it sound like its as easy as fishing can be when it comes to kings.
    Haha...... Well. Check your regs. And watch for EOs. It's likely to be closed this year for kings. As is most of the valley.

Release Lake Trout

There's nothing to Montana creek just park where the locals do for free or pay for the parking lot. There's a reason no one guides (legally) at Montana creek. To easy of access and to little space. If I were you I'd wait until the normal E.O comes out then get a guide service out of Talkeetna and run up to clear creek. If its catch and release again not much competition up there and lots of fish if your just looking to catch and release.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I don't mind catch and release ya all. See, my main goal this year to get kings from systems I haven't fished. I've been fishing my area for years and this year I want to do it differently. So far I've got trips planned on the Kenai and Deshka. I'd like to fit in the Montana and anything else in that area.

I don't mind catch and release ya all. See, my main goal this year to get kings from systems I haven't fished. I've been fishing my area for years and this year I want to do it differently. So far I've got trips planned on the Kenai and Deshka. I'd like to fit in the Montana and anything else in that area.
    AH, I assumed you wanted to fish for trout (its all i think about).
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Lonn Goldbeck with Hellbent Fishing Charters does a fantastic job guiding on Montana (and the other Valley waters), but I only fish for trout there....