Thread: Crossing Queer creek in summer

Default Crossing Queer creek in summer

Is it possible to cross Queer creek from the Parks (Mile 105 -106) in the summer on a 4-wheeler? We went out on wheelers when everything was frozen, but it looks like it may be possible with a wheeler?
    Thanks.

Nope you will be lucky to get to Rocky lakes unless its a dry summer. There are some NASTY deep holes that I can barley get across with the tracked argo If your thinking of bear baiting there are a bunch of cabins in the area out towards Rocky Lake
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

FYI - Queer Creek is listed as an Anadromous Waters, so unless there is a bridge you are required to notify Fish and Game prior to crossing the stream with a wheeler. Not sure if they are ok with that or not.

105 crossing Rabideaux creek is a designated atv crossing stream "IF YOUR NOT A COMMERCIAL BUSINESS" you use to be able to print the permit off online

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    105 crossing Rabideaux creek is a designated atv crossing stream "IF YOUR NOT A COMMERCIAL BUSINESS" you use to be able to print the permit off online
    I see a lot of wheeler and snow machine trails out there... How can you get across? It seems to be narrow enough for a bridge at the end of Talkeetna trail? It looks like a lot of traffic out there for no crossing. I am not commercial, so that should not be an issue.
    Have you crossed at that point before? I have not seen the crossing except when frozen, so it was obviously easy crossing
    Thanks for the info.

Yep I have crossed it many times with the argo. a lot more traffic in the winter then the summer stop by in the summer and take a look at the trail you will know why. You have to remember that the Rabideaux creek is normally low in May then is floods out and not able to cross unless you have something that floats. Stop in and say HI I parked at the pull out all summer long you cant miss me LOL!!

I will be there to take a look and say HI sometime this summer for sure. Thanks again for all the info!!
    I am thinking I will brave it at some point this year... I am feeling adventurous.

Quote Originally Posted by kramdrof33 View Post
    I will be there to take a look and say HI sometime this summer for sure. Thanks again for all the info!!
    I am thinking I will brave it at some point this year... I am feeling adventurous.
    That's what I like to hear, We love seeing people drive in on wheelers in the morning only to see them walking back out in the evening covered head to toe in mud

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    That's what I like to hear, We love seeing people drive in on wheelers in the morning only to see them walking back out in the evening covered head to toe in mud
    I thought that was the definition of a good day?

Quote Originally Posted by kramdrof33 View Post
    I thought that was the definition of a good day?
    Depends on how far you have to walk See you this summer