Thread: .375 HH loads anyone?

Default .375 HH loads anyone?

So I've recently acquired a .375. What are your pet loads, and do you use large magnum rifle primers or just large rifle? The load my dad gave me to use for the 285 grain speer GS is 80 grains H4350 with fed 215 primers.

Release Lake Trout

I'm interested as well. However, 80 grains seems awfully high for a 285 and H4350. Hodgdon lists 75 Max for a 270 grain bullet.

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle

I just picked up my first 375HH and my first loads were 270 Speer BTSP's over 70 grains of Varget to start. I'm planning on this rifle being my open sights rifle and this charge hits to POA at 100 yards. Although the Hornady manual lists 75.1 gr as Max with a 270 SP, my other sources said that 75 was too high. Good thing I checked again, my 70 grain load flattens primers a tad (but no stiff bolt), dont know that I'd want to start any higher than that on load workup.

I've been looking around for some 270 TSX's locally without much luck. I've heard that RL15 is the powder to beat with the 375HH. I only have a pound of it thought, so Im afraid if I work up loads with it, I wont have the powder to actually reload for hunting season....

Default 375 h&h load

I used 71.5 r15 with 300 grain tsx in my model 70

Here is the Speer catalog page for the 285 grainers. Looks like your dad was on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

I fought my .375 until I tried H4350
    My gun seems to like 75gr with the TSX

I have 300 gr nosler accubonds I'm looking forward to trying here soon with fed 215m primers. Haven't decided on the first powder to try yet..

Anyone have luck with the 300gr accubonds? if so what was your load data?

I use a max load (by Nosler's book) of IMR 4350 and Fed Mag primers, 300 gr noslers or sierra's (facotory seconds from Midway USA)

I recently acquired some Varget I'm looking to load up, will let you know the results.