View Poll Results: Two is one and one is none?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Two identical machines

12 92.31%
  • Two different machines

1 7.69%

Thread: If "two is one, and one is none" then . . . . .

Question If "two is one, and one is none" then . . . . .

. . . . for moving a family around on SxS's / ATV's, where mom & dad both drive and the kids ride beside them or two-up. Would it be better to have two identical machines, or two different models?

Thanx, Dave.

PS - Is having to stock & carry only one set of spare parts & tools a significant advantage?
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

From my perspective having friends with the same machine is beneficial, we all carry spare parts, and we all know how to work on them. we used to have different ATV's, I had a Suzuki, friends had arctic cat, Polaris and Yamaha. nothing matched and while we had some mechanical know how each machine was different. So I think it is a significant advantage when you get off the beaten path that everyones parts are interchangeable.

definatley cant hurt to all have the same machines or at least the same manufacture of machines.

While we do not have a family, to carry, the wife and I have different machines from the same Brand. She has a Arctic Cat 500 TBX and I have a Arctic Cat 500, standard 4x4. Most of the parts are the same, it just that her machine has the cargo box on it rather then the rear rack. It sure makes hauling 'stuff' a lot easier!

My wife and I have the same ATV (Grizzly 550's) and snowmachines (Tundras). It is nice for familiarity when needing to switch machines. My land neighbor/buddy has Grizzly's as well.