Thread: Hydraulic Steering

Default Hydraulic Steering

I have a question about Sea Star hydraulic steering. This may be a dumb question but wanted a bit of advice regardless. I have searched through a couple of manuals online and haven't found a definite answer. So what I have is a rats nest of hydraulic lines in the stern gunwale and its driving me nuts. I want to switch up the routing of the lines which would make a couple of them potentially shorter than the others. Will this difference in length of tubing affect the steering? I work with hydraulics often at work but those are pressurized systems and a different application. The only reason I'm asking is because it seems like there is an equal amount of coiled up tubing on the starboard side and less on the port side. This is on a twin outboard system. I have to look for my model numbers and actually look for a manual for my system. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Doug

I wouldn't think having different length lines would affect the steering since it's a closed loop.
    In my experience the hardest part is getting all the air bled from the system.

Good luck

won't make a bit of difference.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692