Thread: 20" class rainbows caught by my 6 year old on tuesday

Default 20" class rainbows caught by my 6 year old on tuesday

fishing at a remote lake in Alaska, fishing was awesome! My 6 year old boy caught 2 21-22" rainbows before I could even get my hole drilled. We kept a few, the fish are stocked diploids so they don't reproduce and not many people can get to the lake so most of the fish die of old age. We kept 10 trout from 18inches to 22inches and we only fished two hours. Lost some nice ones and let some smaller ones go. All in all a great day on the ice.

Now THAT be a nice mess o' fish...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Love seeing the youngsters enjoying the outdoors! Your boy is to surely cherish those memories for a long time.

Ive been involved with the Big Brothers Big Sisters program for over a year now and Fishing is one of our favorite things to do! Cant wait for some open water fishing with him.

Great thread!

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanjake View Post

fishing at a remote lake in Alaska, fishing was awesome! My 6 year old boy caught 2 21-22" rainbows before I could even get my hole drilled. We kept a few, the fish are stocked diploids so they don't reproduce and not many people can get to the lake so most of the fish die of old age. We kept 10 trout from 18inches to 22inches and we only fished two hours. Lost some nice ones and let some smaller ones go. All in all a great day on the ice.
    I think you meant triploids. All naturally reproducing fish are diploid. That just means they received one half or their chromosomes from the father and half from the mother. Triploid trout have a third set of chromosomes making them sterile. Nice looking fish though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    I think you meant triploids. All naturally reproducing fish are diploid. That just means they received one half or their chromosomes from the father and half from the mother. Triploid trout have a third set of chromosomes making them sterile. Nice looking fish though.
    My mistake, Definitely triploids.

Great video! That must be on the east coast, somewhere that gets snow?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Great video! That must be on the east coast, somewhere that gets snow?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, more east you could say. There was only 2 feet of snow though not much by any means. We just keep it better than the valley and anchorage