Thread: Spring Bear hunters - Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy offers Quality and Value

Default Spring Bear hunters - Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy offers Quality and Value

Bear hunting is just around the corner. I have 15 yrs experience as a taxidermist and have handled more bears than you can shake a stick at. (It sure seems like it anyway! )
    Quality is of paramount importance to me -It doesn't leave my shop until it looks alive. I use the best materials and tried and true taxidermy methods to complete YOUR mount. You spend thousands of dollars on the hunt of a lifetime, don't regret having to look at a less than average mount for the rest of your life. Relive the Memory!

a solid 9 footer

Turn around time on mounts is about 10-12 months.

I also will have bear skinning DVD's available soon. If you want one, give me a call. They are no charge and very informative at 75min.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Beautiful work on those eyes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The eyes look great, My question is on your finished bear rug pictured, I noticed there's no padding under the actual hide between the felt to give it a much fuller look, is that only based on customers request ? just wondering, My guy normally does it with the padding, to give more dimension to the rug itself.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    The eyes look great, My question is on your finished bear rug pictured, I noticed there's no padding under the actual hide between the felt to give it a much fuller look, is that only based on customers request ? just wondering, My guy normally does it with the padding, to give more dimension to the rug itself.
    There is a full one inch padding (thickest quilt batting you can get) on all my rugs. Hard to tell in a two dimensional photo.
    Taxidermy IS art!

Love the half mount. Has me thinking of some ideas for my next bear

Please keep us posted on the DVD's. I'll surely take one to help teach friends, and I'm sure I could learn an extra thing or two myself!

Juli,
    Last time in your shop I noticed you had camo trim on one of your bears, looked pretty cool and hadn't seen that before.
    Your work is great! Looking forward to my daughters 1st bear so we can get one done with camo.
    Got any pics?
    Thanks,
    Bk

BK - I do have camo felt - but the rug you saw was on a flat rug of a deer. I will see if I can find a photo when I go to the shop next week. I actually really like how it looks with a blackie.

Hope you and your daughter are successful in finding a bear! I can't wait to get back out and look for one myself (actually this year is my boyfriend's turn LOL)

Oh - and I am looking for a small (4 footer) blackie for my spring bear skinning class if anyone happens to shoot one that is easy to transport field dressed, but not skinned.
    Taxidermy IS art!

Quote Originally Posted by shimano 33 View Post
    Love the half mount. Has me thinking of some ideas for my next bear

Please keep us posted on the DVD's. I'll surely take one to help teach friends, and I'm sure I could learn an extra thing or two myself!
    I will have DVD's available at the shop next week. Although I am usually there during the day, please call to schedule an appt.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    The eyes look great,
    Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Beautiful work on those eyes!
    Thank you both, while I am very picky about the mount in it's entirety - the face and the eyes are of utmost importance to me.
    Taxidermy IS art!

Would love to have a DVD as well. Keep us posted.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

I too will have to swing in to pick up a DVD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk