Thread: Fly In Advice

Default Fly In Advice

Hey Gang

Have friends coming up late June who are not that much into fishing but big on the outdoors. We will be at our cabin out by Lake Creek and looking for advice on a nice fly in where we can do a day hike. I'm open for anywhere and plan a day to run down to the Katmai for the Bears. Also would like to give them a tour of McKinley is anyone is willing to share a good route. We are in a 185 straight floats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cplne View Post
    Hey Gang

Have friends coming up late June who are not that much into fishing but big on the outdoors. We will be at our cabin out by Lake Creek and looking for advice on a nice fly in where we can do a day hike. I'm open for anywhere and plan a day to run down to the Katmai for the Bears. Also would like to give them a tour of McKinley is anyone is willing to share a good route. We are in a 185 straight floats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Chelatna Lake is not far upstream from your Lake Creek place. Going the other way, you might want to let them see Brooks Camp, one of two places in Alaska where salmon actually have to navigate waterfalls. Great scenery if you sneak them through Lake Clark pass or any one of the other passes along Cook Inlet's west side. Plenty of scenery and lakes on the Kenai Peninsula, too.

I'd think they'd be especially thrilled at Brooks Camp, where the brownies will be fishing alongside human fishermen . . .