Thread: Change to Signature Line Policy

Default Change to Signature Line Policy

Hi folks,

We posted an announcement today concerning our past practice of allowing business names and contact information in user signature lines. We regret to inform our readers that we cannot continue this practice, as it is eroding the quality of our advertising program. Many of you are aware that our forums are a free service, however it does cost a lot of money to keep this site running, and our main method of paying the bills is through the ad program.

We are offering any business related to the Alaska outdoors the opportunity to list your business in our Directory for free. To do so, please contact Icebear, or call our office during regular business hours and we can get you set up. 1 (907) 895-4919.

Please take a minute to review the announcement, which is posted at the top of each of our forums.

The deadline for compliance is the end of March, 2015. After that date, your signature line may be changed without notice.

We will add this restriction into our forum rules as soon as we get the opportunity.

Thanks for your help with this!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Mike,

While some may disagree, I find the removal of basically free advertising quite understandable. I have just a quick suggestion. Allow members to have their business info in their signature line for a small fee. Something much less than a full out forum sponsorship. It may work out very well. Just an idea...

Todd
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Just a reminder to those who still have their business name as part of their signature line. The date for removing those was at the end of March. If you have not done so, please remove your business name and contact info from your sig line. Forum sponsors are exempt.

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

I'm seeing a few URLs in signature lines, mostly with what appear to be newer members. Please be advised that the only members that are allowed to put a website in their signature lines are our Forum Sponsors.

Thanks!

-Mike