Thread: Any one looking for good bear bait

Default Any one looking for good bear bait

I am thinking about shipping up a trailer load of trail mix from the lower 48. It is a blend of nuts,dried bread sticks, dried fruit, and some M&Ms just like the trail mixes you get in the store. There is a lot of nuts in it which is more like a bears natural food and the protein is about 35% . This bait is way better than dog food or pop corn. The price would be around 50 cents per pound which is about the same cost as dog food. I am just wondering how many people would be interested and what kind of quantities you would be interested in. Send me a personal message if you are interested.

Just fyi you shouldn't use m&m in your bait. Bears have the same issues with chocolate as dogs, not really being a good custodian of wildlife if your gonna poison them.

If you use Trail Mix, make sure you are not to close to Homer! You will just end up going out to your bait station to find a bunch of Hippies smoking weed, and eating your bait!!!

It takes a lot of pure chocolate to hurt a bear. Trail mix only has a few m&ms in it. I have used it for years and it is by far the favorite bait in the lower 48 and Canada. It has a lot of nuts in it, it is also very high in protein and bears love it.QUOTE=breth;1468815]Just fyi you shouldn't use m&m in your bait. Bears have the same issues with chocolate as dogs, not really being a good custodian of wildlife if your gonna poison them.[/QUOTE]